Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

itsjaybud wrote: »
    F430 Spider, some nice cars in the area recently. He made a quick get away, which is always a good thing when its a Ferrari, great sound.

I've seen one of those as well in Lusk today. Yer man driving it had a red ferrari shirt and a red ferrari cap. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

A collection of a few cars I had on the camera phone thought I'd better get them up!

Mercedes Taken over beside Leeson Street:
    MercedesBenz.jpg

A Bentley in the car dealers just up from the Burlington;
    Photo0229.jpg

A Porsche parked beside it;
    Photo0230.jpg

Rolls Royce from the Top Gear Show;
    Rollaz.jpg

An older Rolls Royce parked in the Marshes Shopping Centre;
    RollsRoyce.jpg

A Bentley on the same day in the Shopping Centre;
    Bentley.jpg

350Z in Clarehall;
    280z.jpg

TVR parked up in Kinsealy;
    Tvr.jpg

Ford in Malahide;
    FordGT350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Saw a black Ferrari F430 roadster yesterday.
    Saw a brown Bentley Continental Flying Spur today.

Unfortunately didn't take any pics...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Saw a black Ferrari F430 roadster yesterday.
    Saw a brown Bentley Continental Flying Spur today.

Unfortunately didn't take any pics...
    Where was the Ferrari? Saw a black one heading towards stillorgan today

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Where was the Ferrari? Saw a black one heading towards stillorgan today

By the Grand Canal. I was in my car stuck in the usual rush hour slow moving traffic on the road. The Ferrari went past us heading towards town.

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Think I saw the same one today, in the parnell st area.

The one Jay saw looks to be in America somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

THats a queer looking 350z:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Seen this earlier today...no idea what it is. :confused:

ioq3qt.jpg

16ggzo5.jpg

He had a ladder on one side and a shovel on the other...class :)
    Sweet noise from it.
    focus_mad wrote: »
    A Bentley on the same day in the Shopping Centre;
    Bentley.jpg
    I love how there's a blue container to catch any oil underneath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Seen this earlier today...no idea what it is. :confused:

http://i37.tinypic.com/16ggzo5.jpg

Its a GAZ 69 or a UAZ 469 (essentially the same thing). Russian built 4x4. I think this particular model is out of production now.

He seems to be taxed and insured but has no reg plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Saw this Ferrari earlier in stillorgan
    [IMG][/img]8801e23a.jpg

Seen this also in rathfarnham on what appeared to be an original Irish reg.. Excuse the bad iPhone photos but what can you do. Have to get a proper android phone.
    [IMG][/img]8ab8c7a8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

4876058410_49f962e372.jpg
    4876074100_b5d7a6491a.jpg
    4875466867_879a52c670.jpg
    4876074846_221c0df0d5.jpg
    4876078316_6f9c1c4e29.jpg
    4876082926_1d562779ce.jpg
    4876098766_cb8bc503e6.jpg
    4876212160_b889e132bf.jpg
    4876055900_fe97f1fa4d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Great pics Bman! I know im singling out the crapest of the bunch here but I absolutely love the M coupe!

Great pics Bman! I know im singling out the crapest of the bunch here but I absolutely love the M coupe!

It's a different world in the UK for cars - spent a few hours over around Fulham which is where I saw the Aston and the CL65 - didn't even bother taking out the camera for "bog standard" 911s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

bonny.jpg

Cobra.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

TheBazman wrote: »
    It's a different world in the UK for cars

Probably because they don't get raped by the revenue when they buy new cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Nothing to do with that, it's car culture pure and simple. Can't argue VRT, as people who are going to spend 210k on Car X without VRT, will still pay 210k on Car Y with VRT.
    Cant argue motor tax, as €1,566 a year tax versus a €150k car is fairly meaningless.

Culture!

Tragedy wrote: »
    Nothing to do with that, it's car culture pure and simple. Can't argue VRT, as people who are going to spend 210k on Car X without VRT, will still pay 210k on Car Y with VRT.

Not really. There are plenty of people that would not buy a Ferrari or Lamborgini over here due to the fact that they have to pay nearly 40% more than those that live 100 miles to the North and all they have to show for it is a set of reg plates, a higher road tax bill and a migrane at the thought of having to sell it here.

Sure look at all the pictures in this thread of cars up north, car culture there too I guess :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Spent the last few days working on this. Drove it all the way across the city and didn't get in the spotted thread :(

photo1j.jpg

photo4xc.jpg

photo2gn.jpg

photo3sk.jpg

These are just pics from my phone... will process ones from my camera & some HD video in the next few days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

one for the obnoxious parking thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Not really. There are plenty of people that would not buy a Ferrari or Lamborgini over here due to the fact that they have to pay nearly 40% more than those that live 100 miles to the North and all they have to show for it is a set of reg plates, a higher road tax bill and a migrane at the thought of having to sell it here.

Sure look at all the pictures in this thread of cars up north, car culture there too I guess :rolleyes:
    If someone has €100,000 to spend on a car, they have €100,000 to spend on a car and will buy a car that costs €100,000. It doesn't matter if an M5 is £60,000 in the UK but €100,000 here, people will still buy the car that they have a budget for.

No different than a house. Arguing that people in Ireland don't buy exotic cars because they're cheaper to buy and run in England and they'll forever have penis envy for what they could have bought if they lived in a different country with a different economy with much higher personal taxation is completely specious and off this planet.

Ireland isn't a car nation, you can see this across the whole spectrum(from people not being car proud/servicing properly, to the fact hot hatchbacks etc don't even get offered for sale over here etc etc). Different priorities as a culture, and cars is definitely not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

corktina wrote: »
    one for the obnoxious parking thread! :D

Hehe.. was parked infront of a fancy-ish building for effect... note how said fancy building isn't in any of those pics :rolleyes:

The HD-Video is cool, and captures the shine pretty good. I'll post it up once i'm finished editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Just posted in C&T, WTF were they thinking :eek:
    liger wrote: »
    Heading up the N11 on a bus today and was shocked to see this coming past. Bus stopped at the lights so managed to get a pic before she drove off.

Idiot2.jpg

Just posted in C&T, WTF were they thinking :eek:

Tell the OP to report the driver, he has the plates and a photograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yeah that's a shocking display of stupidity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A few quick snaps
    4888839148_66aa3cb718.jpg
    4888246599_604b6295ce.jpg
    4888220083_9625a499ed.jpg
    4888820186_abfd03ba77.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

They're only phone pics. Better pics when I get back

love the white 458!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

nice to see a 458 that isnt burning to the ground in a plastic dripping mess :D

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    nice to see a 458 that isnt burning to the ground in a plastic dripping mess :D

Or crashed into a tree!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU5v5qmKpJs&feature=player_embedded
    Latest one...

People really should learn how to drive one of these before they get into one!
    Then again its not as bad as the guy who crashed a Mclaren F1 on the autobahn a couple of weeks ago...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement