Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

This is a strange one but last week I was pulled up at lights beside a VW that I never knew existed! No actual pic at the time but at the traffic lights by Ivans in Limerick, this beast.....

vw_touareg_r50_4.jpg
    1015big.jpg
    vw-touareg-r50-1-big.jpg

VW Touarag R50. I'm not a big fan of 4x4s but by Jesus I'd own one of these lads in a hurry. Lovely big blue calipers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Was it a G reg by any chance? A poster here has one actually, they look the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Fizman wrote: »
    This is a strange one but last week I was pulled up at lights beside a VW that I never knew existed! No actual pic at the time but at the traffic lights by Ivans in Limerick, this beast.....

VW Touarag R50. I'm not a big fan of 4x4s but by Jesus I'd own one of these lads in a hurry. Lovely big blue calipers too.

There a Dublin reg one in North Country Dublin. Blue the same as your last picture. I've seen it a few times. The first time I saw it, I thought somebody had been shopping for badges on eBay, but it's the real deal. Must have cost a pretty penny here as the Touareg isn't cheap to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Not many of those R50's about!

I know this isn't exactly exotic, but there's not many around in this condition....

dsc03046f.jpg

dsc03060p.jpg

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Was it a G reg by any chance? A poster here has one actually, they look the part.

Yup it was a G alright. Someone here has one? Nice.
    ksimpson wrote: »
    There a Dublin reg one in North Country Dublin. Blue the same as your last picture. I've seen it a few times. The first time I saw it, I thought somebody had been shopping for badges on eBay, but it's the real deal. Must have cost a pretty penny here as the Touareg isn't cheap to start with.

Ya initially I thought it was a badge job, but only today I got thinking of how bloody well the rest of it looked. The grill, calipers, wheels, exhausts, etc. All looked a little too genuine so a quick google was needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Yup it was a G alright. Someone here has one? Nice.

Ya I know that one. That was purchased very cheap in Merlin auctions in 2009.

Here he is!

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Ya I know that one. That was purchased very cheap in Merlin auctions in 2009.

Here he is!

Don't think that's the one mate. The one I saw was either a '08, '09 or '10. Can't remember for the life of me because I was so taken aback by it at the time, but it was no older than a '08 anyway.

From Wiki:
    R50 (2007-)

Volkswagen Touareg R50
    The Touareg R50 is the third Volkswagen after the Golf and Passat to be given the 'R' treatment by Volkswagen Individual GmbH. The R50 global launch was at the 2007 Australian International Motor Show.
    The "R50" naming comes from the engine displacement: 5.0L. The R50 is offered with a 5.0-litre V10 diesel engine, available in Europe, boasting 257 kilowatts (349 PS; 345 bhp) with 850 newton metres (627 ft·lbf) of torque, and pushing the car to 100 kilometres per hour (62.1 mph) in just 6.7 seconds.[9]
    The R50 comes standard with 21 inch Omanyt wheels, sport-tuned air suspension, decorative 'engine spin' finish interior trim inlays, and a 4-Zone Climatronic climate control system.

Swoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

That VW Touareg R50 is not realy expensive - you can buy second hand car for about 60K euro for '08 or about 80K for '09. Unfortunately i don't have any photos of this car :P but i can get some :P

BTW very clean look BMW :) good job and congratulation for owner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

You know what's an awesome sight?

An Alfa Brera performing a reverse maneuver at night... looks well :pac:

That's what I saw today...also saw a GTR Black last night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That toe-rag is a lot better looking than the original! Nice BMW too! Was that your latest project Andy?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

That toe-rag is a lot better looking than the original! Nice BMW too! Was that your latest project Andy?

That left today, yeah. I've a couple others on the go too at the moment too. Nothing too fancy until mid-April (Ferrari California).

That VW Touareg R50 is not realy expensive - you can buy second hand car for about 60K euro for '08 or about 80K for '09. Unfortunately i don't have any photos of this car :P but i can get some :P

BTW very clean look BMW :) good job and congratulation for owner :D

That's kinda expensive in fairness. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Seperate wrote: »
    dsc03060p.jpg

Crillys? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Seperate wrote: »

I like the way the NCT and insurance discs have been made to fit into the round disc holders. Neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

That's kinda expensive in fairness. :p

Especially for a Pole. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

A couple of AMG SLSs. Bad quality pics though. redface.gif

DSC00511-1.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

Also spotted a new Camaro. It's a muscular looking beast in the flesh. :eek: No pics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

el diablo wrote: »
    Also spotted a new Camaro. It's a muscular looking beast in the flesh. :eek: No pics though.
    Guy I know is just after collecting a yellow one with black stripes

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Guy I know is just after collecting a yellow one with black stripes
    Maybe you can post some pics. :)

• Advertisement

I will once I see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭996tt

Was it yellow, a yellow one just roared by me

996tt wrote: »
    Was it yellow, a yellow one just roared by me
    Nope, it was silver and it wasn't in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Crillys? ;)

yep :D

Pic as promised

camaro.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Irish reg? Sweet!