Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Never saw that unfortunately, but I do occasionally see Mustangs when I go through Dunshaughlin for races down the country

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Saw a brand new Ford Mustang parked in a house down in Clare! Red with two black lines from the hood to the back, no plates on the front, beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Saw a fine Aston Martin Vanquish yesterday....not sure what DB as stuck in traffic and it glided past me :D it was an 02 Black convertible and in the churchtown area....

An 05 Saab 95 convertible followed a couple of cars on and it made the Saab look very ordinary!!! (wont comment on my own car in comparison though ;) )

DB9 exiting the Blanch exit of the M50 Southbound, spotted it a good bit back, I've seen a good few 348s recently in or around Terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What i seen today:
    Skylines and lots, R32's R33's and R34's (2 R33 and 2 starlet turbo's in a mini pile up to)
    3000gt
    Few M3's
    couple Rx7's a Rx8
    350Z modded (on front cover of irish car mag now)
    Lots and lots of scoobies and evo's
    A ford cortina
    Old mini with modern engine (not sure which)
    360 modena
    and lots more i cant just think of

And all where trying to be the fastest down the quarter mile :D

Jozi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

They were R32's in the pile up where they not?

The mini had a V-Tec engine fitted...pretty quick Im led to believe.

As for this weekend, the one car that stood out for me in my travels was a spanking 1991 Ferrari 348 in red on the southbound lane of the M50 heading towards LV exit. Naturally he left everyone at the toll booth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Saw a navy 360 Modena Spider (drop top) heading south outa Naas yesterday.
    30ish, bleach blonde bird driving, and yapping on her mobile.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Possible R32's im not sure they looked pretty messed up.

Coincidenty the driver of the 360 modena at quickshift (where i seen the above) when i seen it drive (not race) was also a bleeched blond just not of the bird variety

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Met a UK reg Silver Evo VIII FQ-400 yesterday going south Abbeyleix.
    The driver was in his late 50's, perhaps early 60's. He looked like the motoring equivalent of a pot-bellied westerner strolling on a Thai beach with an 18 year old local girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

impr0v wrote:
    Met a UK reg Silver Evo VIII FQ-400 yesterday going south Abbeyleix.
    The driver was in his late 50's, perhaps early 60's. He looked like the motoring equivalent of a pot-bellied westerner strolling on a Thai beach with an 18 year old local girl.

Heh, nice analogy, but did it get you hankering after getting an Evo for yourself again? the car that is, not the driver :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Old Ferrari day on Sunday, a mint 89 D black 412 and and a pretty wrecked 80 MH Rosso red 328GTS, later broken down with confused looking driver+mate with the bonnet open staring at ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

ubu wrote:
    Heh, nice analogy, but did it get you hankering after getting an Evo for yourself again? the car that is, not the driver :)

Nah, I seem to have come through the need for speed phase that i was going through, though i'm looking longingly at an '03 M3 in a local garage every time i pass it.

The FQ-400 is a serious machine but it didn't leave much of an impression for an everyday supercar, there wasn't even a noticable rumble out of it when it rolled past. Kinda disappointing, especially if the guy was going through a slightly delayed mid-life crisis. He'd have been hard pressed to find something with more firepower for the money, but surely there was something more suited to his vintage... He'll be a cert for a hip-op after some time in traffic working that clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Want to know what I saw today?

A BMW 750+ with all thr trimmings
    but it was 2 shapes ago, of this era
    http://www.e34s.de/Bilder/am2004/Saturday/DSC_1374.JPG

THing is it had plates from Lithaunia, there are so many of those cars around old audis, mercedes all good,

<rant>I wonder do the drivers have insurance? tax?
    who knows they can't get points on their non-irish licences, the revenue arent going to go after them for no paying vrt cos its too much effort, actually its a sweet deal, a way for a 25 year old to drive a 5 litre car on irish roads without high road tax, and (presumably) without high insurance</rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Saw an M Coupe & English Reg BMW 535D....nice cars....never seen anything like the acceleration from the 535 at 70mph!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Two Range Rover Sport HSE's this morning (the car Action Man would drive if he was a rapper). Nice in the charcoal colour, hideous in the metallic wine colour.
    <rant>I wonder do the drivers have insurance? tax?

<RANT>Nothing annoys me more. They don't have either, mostly drive badly and I've heard various horror stories of people getting into crashes with them. Forget UK/NI reg'd cars or the morality of VRT dodging, this is an actual danger<RANT>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Fabritzo wrote:
    Shamone people

She's something else alright!

She'd do some damage to your back account too....damn thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Saw one of those M5's whizzing through rathmines this morning. Something else.

Theres only 12 of them in Ireland up until the end of May. Rarer than 05 Aston Martins! :eek:

RedorDead wrote:
    Saw one of those M5's whizzing through rathmines this morning. Something else.

Theres only 12 of them in Ireland up until the end of May. Rarer than 05 Aston Martins! :eek:

An even rarer car is the VW Touraeg 3.0 TDI V6, only 2 in the country until December

• Advertisement

Squirrel wrote:
    An even rarer car is the VW Touraeg 3.0 TDI V6, only 2 in the country until December

And there wont be many more of them after December either!
    Seriously overpriced for what ya get! :rolleyes:

If you're gonna buy a car like it there's not much better you can buy. Except for the 5.0 V10 TDI

Squirrel wrote:
    If you're gonna buy a car like it there's not much better you can buy. Except for the 5.0 V10 TDI

:eek: How much is the 5.0 V10 TDi

Rather buy a Landcruiser and keep the change! :p

I think it's about 120K. Very nice though, just sitting in one, *drool*, then I remembered I was cleaning it and didn't want to drool in a customers car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

VW Toerag is the most boring car in the world, IMHO. People with money don't necessarily have taste.

I will console myself in my 1-bed apartment with that thought. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

nothing special about cls55amg or bentley gt as thers LOADS of these around, ireland has loads ofrich guys now and theres amazing cars around.i seen the lambougini last week.brand new and a 20-25 year old driving it

anyway its a good thread

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I saw a 1955 Gullwing Mercedes 300SL on Friday .
    It was original and a minter too . On 55 D plates .

http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~rschild/mbgc.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the lambourgini i saw was a gallardo. i will put pictures up soon.there on my other computer. anyway that citywest guy is loades the last time i went up there was phantom,s600 merc,ferrari 360 modena,helicopter,bentley gt and a maserati all in the carpark of the hotel. this was a while back. the is minted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Yesterday I spotted a new BMW M5, 2 Ferraris, a Porshe 911 Turbo, 2 Nissan Figaros and a Merc CLS. Phew!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

FX Meister wrote:
    Yesterday I spotted a new BMW M5, 2 Ferraris, a Porshe 911 Turbo, 2 Nissan Figaros and a Merc CLS. Phew!!

Don't forget your camera next time ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement