Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i know the guy that owns the db9 in fashion city. he is the owner of independent clothing. o4 d 69 eg db9.

he is very close family friend.
    all the guys in that park are loaded.as theres loads of money in clothin:D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Pulled up behind a UK reg Crossfire there on Sunday morning on O'Connell street bridge. Nice looking car from the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Silver 01-D-4[XXXX] M5 in Rathmines this morning, 15-20 mph (musta' been on phone, I didn't wait to find out and overtook :D:p )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

not so much the car, more the reg plate on friday evening.

BMW 320Ci - replate ** - D - 32001 with a screw cap strategically placed on the final 0 making it look like the letter C - result equals ** - D - 320CI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

DBK wrote:
    Pulled up behind a UK reg Crossfire there on Sunday morning on O'Connell street bridge. Nice looking car from the back.

Someone that drops their kid off at the same school as mine has a silver 04 D reg one of these, wasnt very impressed TBH especially when I saw it for sale in Rathdown motors for €63k, maybe its a fantastic car but thought it was pretty expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ciarsd wrote:
    not so much the car, more the reg plate on friday evening.

BMW 320Ci - replate ** - D - 32001 with a screw cap strategically placed on the final 0 making it look like the letter C - result equals ** - D - 320CI
    Did it look like this one...
    www.bmwcarclubireland.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=66&pos=28
    very nice car with loads of features added!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

kbannon wrote:
    Did it look like this one...
    www.bmwcarclubireland.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=66&pos=28
    very nice car with loads of features added!
    ah yes. that is the one - shame i was in traffic and didnt get the chance to get a good view of the whole car, all i seen was the front reg when stuck at traffic lights :cool:

yeah the crossfire is nothin special. they are availble in ireladn are cheap. they are not really nice cars to drive and interior is not nice

they only look alright from the outside
    thats my own opinion:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

mike65 wrote:
    Dutch registered Citroen H Van on N25 between Waterford and Dungarvan. It was gold!

Class. I met a guy at the weekend who uses one of these daily for his work. Top speed around 50mph.

drdre wrote:
    yeah the crossfire is nothin special. they are availble in ireladn are cheap. they are not really nice cars to drive and interior is not nice

they only look alright from the outside
    thats my own opinion:D

Yeah, checked out their website and it doesn't look good, only from the view I had. And they're only 30K dollars, so they must be crap :) . I did see a nice 96 D VW Corrado Storm on Saturday. Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Them crossfires dont even have rack and pinion steering. It has something called 'recirculating ball' steering. Sounds like 1940s technology. is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

Black Irish Gallardo for sale here

Carzone link

Kersh wrote:
    Them crossfires dont even have rack and pinion steering. It has something called 'recirculating ball' steering. Sounds like 1940s technology. is it?

Actually Mercedes technology - but from the 20s as far as I know.

Crossfire is basically the previous generation SLK in drag.

Black Irish Gallardo for sale here

Nice. Bit steep at €250k, when a new one is €200k. The €200k would also include all taxes paid. I wonder does this one??? Spooky timing after the revenue crackdown on high value cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,370 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice. Bit steep at €250k, when a new one is €200k

LOL :)

Des Cullen does that all the time. ATM he has a second hand SLK55AMG for €120k (Mercedes new list price €100k)

Where are you getting the €200k from? cbg.ie / carzone.ie don't have Lambos on the new car price list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

you'd be a fool not to import an identical one from the UK and save a packet (ie. around €70,000) but I guess that price is geared towards keeping those aspirational 996 test-pilot-skum away :D

Seriously, in that league why not go the whole hog and buy an older but similarly priced murc. (ie. a proper lambo) instead :cool:

that black gallardo looks beautiful:D

that is my dream car. i love this over every other car i donot know why.but its expensive so should start saving now.

unkel wrote:
    Where are you getting the €200k from?

In the UK: STG£110 on the road price, less 17% UK VAT + 23% VRT + 21% Irish VAT * 1.41 exchange rate.

I don't think any of them are RHD, so I would buy in the US where they should be a lot cheaper (about $150,000, I think) and the exchange rate is more favourable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

The ad says it has rear headrests so that probably explains the high cost. LOL

In the UK: STG£110 on the road price, less 17% UK VAT + 23% VRT + 21% Irish VAT * 1.41 exchange rate.

I don't think any of them are RHD, so I would buy in the US where they should be a lot cheaper (about $150,000, I think) and the exchange rate is more favourable.

30% VRT isn't it ?

• Advertisement

And at them kinds of figures, I'd pay UK VAT (@17%) rather than Irish VAT (@21%), then VRT (@30%), 'ta very much :rolleyes:

£110k * 1.17 = £128.7k * 1.41 = €181.5k * 1.30 = €235.9k

£110k * 1.41 = €155.1k * 1.21 = €187.7k * 1.30 = €244k

then you'd pay the Oirish vat ON TOP of the uk vat ? (lest you try sticking 6k mls on it outrunning those custom vigilantes :D )

Nope, you get an Irish VAT exemption because VAT already paid in UK (but not a VRT exemption, of course :( ).

At least, that how free movement of goods is supposed to operate intra-EU. With the VRT considered, of course, knowing full well it's not gonna go despite being in clear and unambiguous breach of the most elementary (and applicable) EU Statutes, which themselves overstep IE Law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

I believe when i imported my car you scrap the uk tax but have to pay the irish tax instead. Plus vrt of course. Easy way to think of this is take the uk price, lets say 120,000 and double it and youll have what it will be in irish euros. That usually gives the approx price a car will be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I was out at the JP McManus Pro-Am today and saw some nice cars, no pics though unfortunately.

Saw a Ferrari 360 (I think thats what it was), a Rolls Royce, a CL500, a Porsche Cayenne, an S500 and a CL350 among others. I'm sure there were plenty more fancy cars there but I just didn't see them.

yeah thats obivious that you would have seen nice cars whereever he is. that guys is filty rich.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I'd say most of the celebs and golfers were flown in by chopper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

There's a nice DB7 Vantage down here in Wexford. I'll try get a pic of the reg. It's: XX-D-87 but the 8 is flat on the left hand side, so it just looks like a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

There is at least 2 rhd black D reg gallardos then, cos thats not my cousins one.

• Advertisement

Seen a nice Noble on the way to work this morning. I think it was the M400?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement