Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

so are 650's rare now? i wouldnt consider them rare, there isnt a huge difference between the the everyday 645.i really like the 6 series but the only models worthy of appearing in this thread is the m6 coupe and cabriolet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Since when does it have to be a rare car to be included in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

bennyx_o wrote:
    Since when does it have to be a rare car to be included in this thread?
    saw a Daewoo Matiz today. lovely motor....;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

el diablo wrote:
    saw a Daewoo Matiz today. lovely motor....;)
    LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I saw a AMG SL55 yesterday, looks like a Mclaren SLR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'll bet this is the first time one of these has appeared here. It mightn't be in one piece but it is rare.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

junkyard wrote:
    I'll bet this is the first time one of these has appeared here. It mightn't be in one piece but it is rare.:)

Concours condition :D

What is it, junkyard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Its a Daimler Conquest convertible, probably no more then 10 or 12 left in the world and nearly restored now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

cabla wrote:
    Can someone prove my mate wrong. It looks like a 300c, but it said bentley on it and a big B on the front.

Its called customising,some companies make parts that you can fit instead of the original,the Americans are big into customising,the 300c is American,believe it or not you can also fit different wheels like bigger 22' wheels, i've even heard of a company that can sell you shorter springs to make your car look lower on the ground,imagine seen one of those,you would have to lie down for a week because of the confusion of it all:D .

http://www.american-truck-auto.com/billet/chrysler_300C_mesh.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Its a Daimler Conquest convertible, probably no more then 10 or 12 left in the world and nearly restored now.
    Any later pics?

Any-hoo, M5 on Dawson St, funky paint corvette at Airside in Swords. Also saw a new R32 on UK plates (going too fast!), and yet another project Kahn scaffolding-exhausted RR Sport in BT car park. I have to say it again, why would you bother?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

Heres some rare cars thats currently on my phone, all snapped in Ireland:

Brabus SL
    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/9844/6310i002dl3.jpg
    US reg C230 class(sorry for horrible pic, car has space saver on rear passenger side)
    http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8158/6310i016pt2.jpg
    Dodge Ram
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6338/0404061437ej7.jpg
    Middle East reg'd Carlson S class
    http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5817/6310i018op0.jpg
    Horrible coloured M3
    http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/9574/6310i000kt9.jpg
    Porsche Cayman
    http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3543/6310i004zb5.jpg

Does anyone else think that this thread should be restricted to only cars snapped in Ireland as opposed to people showing what they saw when they were on holidays. If somebody wants to look at a Ferrari 430 sitting in a showroom in vegas they can google it.

Horrible coloured M3
    LOL - Laguna Seca Blue. Agree with the statement about exotics in showrooms, but posts with 'on-road' pics from abroad seem fine to me...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

patsyh wrote:
    If somebody wants to look at a Ferrari 430 sitting in a showroom in vegas they can google it.
    I agree. I think it should be restricted to 'registered' cars and preferably not in a showroom but in motion or parked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

There should be NO restrictions on this thread . Cars spotted anywhere by posters are welcome !

sharkman wrote:
    There should be NO restrictions on this thread . Cars spotted anywhere by posters are welcome !

To me alot of the posts of photos with cars sitting in foreign dealers are from people who are trying to let everyone know they were in such a place on holidays and are pointless(ie anybody can googe a red F430 and see one) on what is one of the best motoring threads on the internet(ie seeing what kinda of exotic cars are in Ireland, you cant google irish F430).

I dont think anyone cares what kind of car is in a broadway showroom.

patsyh wrote:
    To me alot of the posts of photos with cars sitting in foreign dealers are from people who are trying to let everyone know they were in such a place on holidays and are pointless(ie anybody can googe a red F430 and see one) on what is one of the best motoring threads on the internet(ie seeing what kinda of exotic cars are in Ireland, you cant google irish F430).

I dont think anyone cares what kind of car is in a broadway showroom.

Agree 100%. This is a great thread which I check frequently for pics that boards users have gone out of their way to snap. I assume frequently running down the street like a loon to get a good angle before it moves. :)

It should be for cars spotted in Ireland that why I keep coming back to it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

2006 m5 on the m50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

patsyh wrote:
    US reg C230 class(sorry for horrible pic, car has space saver on rear passenger side)

Sort of looks like New York plates from the picture. There is a black Mercedes C230 with Arizona plates going around the Terenure/Templeouge area. I notice lately there is alot of American reg. cars going around. In the past 2 months, I've seen a VW Passat with NY plates, a Ford Explorer with Californian plates, as well as that Merc with Arizona plates.

I've also noticed a good few cars with Kuwait plates aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

patsy i like those pictures.The best one is the sl barabus. That must be huge money:eek:

Max_Damage wrote:
    Sort of looks like New York plates from the picture. There is a black Mercedes C230 with Arizona plates going around the Terenure/Templeouge area. I notice lately there is alot of American reg. cars going around. In the past 2 months, I've seen a VW Passat with NY plates, a Ford Explorer with Californian plates, as well as that Merc with Arizona plates.

I've also noticed a good few cars with Kuwait plates aswell.

Yea its new york plates, snapped it in Portarlington. Theres a huge amount of stateside cars around. Must be all the emigrants coming back to the "Celtic Tiger".

That SL Brabus is for sale in Western Motors in Galway, it should be on carzone through them. Some guy in Dublin was trying to sell it private for ages, think it was around €115k that he was looking for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Had to wrestle my camera out of the bag so it's only this crap pic.

3430wk4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Very nice, seen it myself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

This Ferrari 360 Challange passed me just as I was getting off the M4 heading for Ballymena a few weeks ago....

Ferrari0.jpg

I drew along side again as we were getting on the roundabout, the wife/GF/mistress was going "look!, look! he's taking our photo" and he was going "don't look ethel, don't look!" :D:D:D

Ferrari1.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

The posts from qz and Do-More are perfect examples of what this thread should be like - rare/exotic cars seen on the road. I couldn't care less if you saw the new model Audi TT or Opel Astra, that's not what this thread is about.

One more thing...
    THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES
    Gatster wrote:
    LOL - Laguna Seca Blue

Ever seen it on a Ferrari :rolleyes:

smurf20blue20f43020resiqn8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Orange Lamborghini Gallardo passed me on the North rd Drogheda this afternoon, sporting the legend F3 RGY for it's plate.

It was gone before I had a chance to grab my phone camera so no pics.

Originally Posted by AJ!
    Ever seen it on a Ferrari
    No, but I never liked the 430 that much until I saw that, and now I want one...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

It's an Arnage, I think. Didn't realise I had the solarize setting on, and it's taken from the back window of a car.

dsc00044tf7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

spotted all in blackrock within 15 minutes. some real beauties!! saw bently arnage, bmw m6 and a strange mercedes S430 Taxi???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Was in America over the Christmas and saw this
    gma29fayr3.jpg

The black one in the background is a 599, they didn't allow pictures inside the showroom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement