Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I upgrade my Dell e520 motherboard?

Options
  • 14-09-2007 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Since I bought it I have become interested in overclocking but the Dell BIOS is not designed to allow any modifications.
    Does anyone know what if any retail motherboards are compatible with an e520 btx form factor and would allow me to raise the clock on the e6600 to 3.0ghz?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It's extremely rare to find retail BTX boards so I would forget about that route.

The only way to do what you want would be to change the case as well as the motherboard to an ATX system plus a better CPU cooler.

After that you could overclock to 3Ghz no problem but you would need to re-install Windows as well with the new motherboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Thanks for the info and links 8T8, much appreciated!

Advertisement