Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat results-help

Options
  • 14-09-2007 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Ok so I got my repeat results today and I passed all except one subject 'pharmacology and toxicology' where I got 37%, recently I was told this means either that I have to repeat 1st year and repeat the exams, or just repeat the exams, either way does this mean I'm unable to progress into 2nd year?? thanks for the help I've tried contacting teachers and stuff but I haven't heard back yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Gintoki wrote:
    Ok so I got my repeat results today and I passed all except one subject 'pharmacology and toxicology' where I got 37%, recently I was told this means either that I have to repeat 1st year and repeat the exams, or just repeat the exams, either way does this mean I'm unable to progress into 2nd year?? thanks for the help I've tried contacting teachers and stuff but I haven't heard back yet

If you've an overall average of 40%+ (presumably you have) then because you're within 5% of the pass mark and it's only one subject you might get 'pass with compensation'.

Other than that your options are a) repeat the subject you failed as an external student (no fees, you don't attend class) just repeat the exam again next May or b)repeat the year. If you've passed everything else I presume option a) would be more likely for you.

You're pretty close to the mark so all might not be lost. These things (compensation,progression etc) are very much at the discretion of your course/department head so make contact with them asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Strange_Fruit

what does reffered mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Referred? Normally it's like referr to your course head... where they'll tell you that you have to repeat the year etc. The website doesn't tend to break the hard news to you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Strange_Fruit

how am i meant to meet with the board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I don't think you really um, meet with the board. DIT seems pretty limited as far as appealing etc goes. I remember making an appeal and they shot me down without listening to me or addressing my specific complaint. Ask your SU people or ask your class tutor if you're lucky enough to have a sound one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Gintoki

Well thanks for the info! I still didn't get any reply from teachers but a girl out of my class who also failed an exam rang the exams office and she is able to progress into 2nd year so I'm going to ring tomoro and check, but this is great means I can go into 2nd year too!! woo!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

In the past, when I was in DIT, you would have needed to have got >60% in other subjects to pass an exam by compensation.

Gintoki, did you pass any of your original exams back in May / June by >60% ?

Advertisement