Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Excited? Damn straight I am!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mac 3 wrote:
    Slightly off topic, but I'd appreciate the help of the MINI experts

A friend of mine bought a cooper S the weekend and locked the keys in it last night. Any Ideas as to where to go from here. She had just brought it over from the UK, Spare keys and documents relating to the car all locked with her luggage in the boot.

I suppose it's a trip to the dealers for a replacement?

She'd rather not smash the window..

Thanking you,

Mac (aplogies for hi jacking)

A replacement window will probably work out cheaper than a replacement key from a dealer. Though both may be covered under her insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Get your Dealer to order a 'wallet key', thin, plastic, with no immobiliser parts, or remote, but it will open the driver's door for you. About 40 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Lovely looking car, but 500BHP in a MINI, are you mad! :) Hope you have enough for a funeral after all those mods (only joking).

Not good advertising for your BMW dealership, if their MINI salesman (not sure of your job) is buying his MINI in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

The dealer has ordered a replacement key (The little Plastic one I think), so I think we're nearly out of the hole. Just a set of leads needed now as the lights and radio were left on...

Thanks for the advice

Regards

Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Mc-BigE wrote:
    Not good advertising for your BMW dealership, if their MINI salesman (not sure of your job) is buying his MINI in the UK.

It has NOTHING to do with my Dealership, I wanted the highest spec second hand supercharged R53 S I could buy. That's something that was never ever sold in this country, expect by me, and that was to a lady who's planning to keep her S for a long time. I had to go to the UK to find the spec. Had I been in the market for a new car, I'd have bought here. Had I been able to locate a suitable used car here, I would have bought here, likewise, had I traded one in, I'd have kept it myself. It's got bugger all to do with what you guys are claiming, that it's 'better to go to the UK, and sure look, isn't the guy working there doing that, what a country we live in', etc, it's just about finding a car with all the boxes ticked, nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

By the way,

The very best of luck wtih your motor Ned, mind you dont lock the keys in!!

Thanks again,
    Mac

Advertisement