Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

library loans

Options
  • 14-09-2007 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

how long can i take a book out for? if it says short term loan how long is a short term loan? and i presume long term loan means for the full year??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

short term loan is only a couple of days maybe three or so as far as i recall, long term loan is 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bigstar97

ah thats kinda crap.. but thanks for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

long term for an undergrad is 2 weeks but can be renewed as long as noone has booked it for up to 12 weeks i think.

Info here

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

oh yeh and DO NOT trust what youre internet library loan account tells you, it told me I had plenty of time left on a book when it was in fact short loan, got a bit of a fine, hopefully they have rectified it by now though its one of the well run parts of ucd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah the hook up with connect seems a tad dodge alright, not sure if it's fixed this year though.

In general I heart the library though - fantastic at helping out students and listening to their suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

In general I heart the library though - fantastic at helping out students and listening to their suggestions.

Yeah, can't argue with that at all. It really is a great service, always trying to better itself 'n' all. Here's to the Library, wuheeeey:D

Advertisement