Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing/Electrics question: SystemLink and Waterford Stanley expert

• 14-09-2007 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi.
    Is there anyone out there who has knowledge on how to connect a Waterford Stanley Range to a product called SystemLink? SystemLink is a distribution manifold that allows you to connect two independent heat sources together so that both or either can provide hot water to a central heating system. I have this system installed but need some expert advice on how to address a specific issue. I have contacted both Waterford Stanley themselves and SystemLink in Dublin but neither seem to know how to solve my problem and each are saying that I should contact the other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 goreyhead

Hi, i know this is a old treat , but i recently installed a stanley cooker and stove using systemlink to and having a few problems to , seems u cant heat water without having the rads on as the stanley controls for these must be left on permanently and are controled by the wall stats , this means that the advance and boost switchs on the cooker cant work

Also the pipe stat on the stove can turn on and of the cooker when you turn the dail on it

Can i ask did the problems you had was anything like this and how did u solve them and does your system work ok now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am really not being smart when i say this but if your plumber phones systemlink they will explain. They are very good at this.

At least they were the last time i sold the product.

Hi joey thanks it sounds easy but im just not sure what system link able to do ,it all a bit of a let down , if stove lighting cooker cant work and stove only heats the living zone so bedrooms are cold and no stove be able to heat all, plumber been on to system link and just send dowm another set of drawing and they seem to be getting us no where ,
    Thanks for your help. e=Joey the lips;77187592]I am really not being smart when i say this but if your plumber phones systemlink they will explain. They are very good at this.

At least they were the last time i sold the product.[/Quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

It would be very hard to guess without being involved in the installation, that said the contols seem set for boiler only but not the cooker. I would give Stanley a ring and ask that the technical department send a copy of their wiring diagrams that will allow the cooker to overide the heating control for a zone to dissapate the heat from the cooker. I had a copy for the Donard wiring but I can`t locate it.

Thanks for help lads ,think i have it sorted , only time will tell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 confused1986

:confused: just to resurect this...having a similar problem, cannot have our stanley range on alone - need to turn on heating and hot water to avoid horrendous noise coming from the pipes.

Recently set up systemlink with 3zones. Plumber and electircian are just blaming one another. Any ideas or suggestions welcome?

Hi confused, not sure if it the same problem as i was having ,what stanley u got , we have a stanley brandon 100 and same as you set up with a systemlink on 3zones ,living area, bedrooms and hot water, we also have a stove with a boiler that heats hot water and 1 zone (bedrooms),
    Our problem was when we lite the stove the stanley cooker wouldnt come on to heat the other zone , to explain it when the termosate on the stove heated up to temperature and turned on the pump for the stove it turned of the stanley(it was acting like a switch)
    Stanley and systemlink kept sending down different drawings but how we solved problem was that the hot water and heating buttons must be left on the on setting on the stanley and the systemlink does there job controled form the wall stats for the heating and a timer which we added on besided the systemlink for the hot water
    ,so far so good
    Not sure if it same problem your having , does ur cooker have a double burner , some do and some dont , but if it only has one burner i would imagation that while cooking you would have to have heating on as well , hope this helped

Advertisement