Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might and Magic vii not working

Options
  • 14-09-2007 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭

I bought Might and Magic Vii abour 6 years ago and it was a wonderful game,I played it on a Windows 98 with 64MB of ram and it was one of the best RPGs I ever played.

However now I've a lovely Vista with 1gig of RAM,Geforce 8600 256mbgraphics card and dual core processor, the problem is I'm unable to use my old game discs.Every time I try,I fail the minimum system requirements for the game. It seems the disc doesn't recognise my DirectX10 and thinks I have too old a vertsion.

There is no way I can use DirectX6 or whatever as I need my pc for other tasks but is there any way I can solve this problem?

3do are no longer a company so I can't get any tech support there.

Thankcs

Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

if you right click on the .exe go to properties and then compatibility, there may be an option to run the game as if you were using win 98, this works in win XP, but i dont have vista and is be pretty suprised if they took that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Hmm im not familiar with Vista myself so i don't know how you could get it working. However give this forum a try and ask if theres a Vista patch to run M&M 7. Its a very active forum so you should get an answer pretty soon hopefully.

Advertisement