Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free €20 Rabo Direct

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

chilly wrote: »
    Just as the title says. I'm not sure saving is too high on anyones agenda right now but if you're in the market for an account you might as well get €20 reward for your good habbits. It equates to the interest you'd make on a €1000 deposit actually.:)

Link is here:
    https://secure1.rabodirect.ie/exp/formul1/processform_en.jsp?param=summer09

It says the code is included in the online application form so don't delete it when you come across it.
    i don't see any offers of €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

How much is my first minimum deposit, I'd be interested in setting up an account when my wages come in but not sure what minimum deposit is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

funkyflea wrote: »
    How much is my first minimum deposit, I'd be interested in setting up an account when my wages come in but not sure what minimum deposit is?

For the Rabo offer i dont think their is one, its just when you open account you get it automatically.

The Halifax is 1500 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Shzm wrote: »
    Anyone know what their online banking is like?

Their online banking is excellent. Their security system is much more sophisticated than any other online banking I've encountered,yet it's very simple to use. They send you a small thing that looks like a calculator called a digipass that you use each time you login to your account.It provides you with extra passwords and adds an extra dimension to your account safety.They also provide helpful and fast phone support if you need it in my experience.They're quicker to transfer money if you want to withdraw than most banks too.
    It's also the only AAA rated bank left in the Irish market now.
    I don't quite understand online accounts, how do you put in the money, from another account? What about cash?

You use this Rabo account as a deposit account so you can send money from your usual bank account via direct debit or money transfer or you can just send them a cheque in the post if you like.It's very easy.
    poindexter wrote: »
    i don't see any offers of €20

The €20 is added to your account if you fill in (or don't delete, as it's already filled in for you) the promotional code section with "summer09".It's towards the bottom of the first page of the application.
    funkyflea wrote: »

€1.

You might find better interest rates elsewhere but only marginally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Nice one, thanks Chilly. Do they do use the same system as BOI whereas if you want to add a new payee to your online banking they send out a pin code in the post? That system really grinds my gears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

€20 is €20. Took me 5 mins to fill in the online form. Will print off the application. I already have my passport saved on my PC from "gambling" so a print of that and a few other bits posted next time I walk past a postbox.
    Then forget about it until some day I get the present of the price of a few beers. Cheers Rabo ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

It's also the only AAA rated bank left in the Irish market now.

The €20 is added to your account if you fill in (or don't delete, as it's already filled in for you) the promotional code section with "summer09".It's towards the bottom of the first page of the application.
    suppose am just taking your word for it then because it never mentioned anything about €20 with me, though i did see the code

Shzm wrote: »
    Nice one, thanks Chilly. Do they do use the same system as BOI whereas if you want to add a new payee to your online banking they send out a pin code in the post? That system really grinds my gears.

No I don't think you have to wait when you set up a new payee.If I remember correctly it's set up online immediately ready for use once you enter and save details.
    poindexter wrote: »
    suppose am just taking your word for it then because it never mentioned anything about €20 with me, though i did see the code

Sorry I should've done this initially:

http://communication.rabodirect.ie/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=MkKHAruAMMVM3agMMMq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

No I don't think you have to wait when you set up a new payee.If I remember correctly it's set up online immediately ready for use once you enter and save details.

You use the digipass to generate a code that verifies who you are. No fooling around.

I believe Ulster Bank are now using a similar system, with a reader that accepts a chip and pin card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How is this a bargain alert?
    This €20 promo has been ongoing for years either by signing up or when you were referred by a friend.
    Plus Rabo are offering a poor 2% on savings compared to 3.6% (or higher) elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

snubbleste wrote: »
    How is this a bargain alert?
    This €20 promo has been ongoing for years either by signing up or when you were referred by a friend.
    Plus Rabo are offering a poor 2% on savings compared to 3.6% (or higher) elsewhere

20e for free, thats a bargain in my books, heck free money is probably the best bargain out there at the minute :D

this post really sums it up imo -
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    €20 is €20. Took me 5 mins to fill in the online form. Will print off the application. I already have my passport saved on my PC from "gambling" so a print of that and a few other bits posted next time I walk past a postbox.
    Then forget about it until some day I get the present of the price of a few beers. Cheers Rabo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

So of those of you who have opened the account....whats it like?
    How long till the E20 was in your account?
    How long for a bank transfer to and from the account?

Had an email about this a few days ago and am tempted....I would just like some feedback from some actual users.

Cheers

Fran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Great thread chilly, €20 is €20 and I'll be giving it a go! Think of it as free petrol/mobile calls / sky etc for a week and it looks like a proper Bargain Alert to me! Thanks!:)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Too much **** involved.

Getting a bank statement, utility bill, government letter with your PPS on it, and a copy of your passport sent off is too much hassle for 20.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've been with Rabo for about 3 years now and find them excellent. The online security is top notch and it is very easy to transfer money in or out of an account. When I first signed up they were one of only a few banks that you could earn 5% interest and also have no restrictions on withdrawals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

jayteecork wrote: »
    Too much **** involved.

Getting a bank statement, utility bill, government letter with your PPS on it, and a copy of your passport sent off is too much hassle for 20.

If you have all these it aint too much hassle, 5 minutes work at most. If you havent got Gov. letter with PPS,register at PAYE online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

gleep wrote: »
    If you have all these it aint too much hassle, 5 minutes work at most. If you havent got Gov. letter with PPS,register at PAYE online.

Or just pick no for that one. That's what I did and they said it was fine. Picked yes for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carpy

delly wrote: »
    I've been with Rabo for about 3 years now and find them excellent. The online security is top notch and it is very easy to transfer money in or out of an account. When I first signed up they were one of only a few banks that you could earn 5% interest and also have no restrictions on withdrawals.

This is an example of how to you use teaser rates to get long term customer business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 RaboDirect

carpy wrote: »
    This is an example of how to you use teaser rates to get long term customer business.

Hi Carpy,

We have had to reduce our rates due to the ECB rate cuts over the last few months. These rate cuts were seen as vital to fight the global economic recession. Good news for most mortgage holders with variable rates, but the flipside of it that saving rates are also coming down. We offered the 5% at time of high ECB rates and we now offer a lower rate due to the ECB rate cuts.

For further information please refer to the following blog post on our website:

http://www.rabodirect.ie/blog/savings-rate-truth/default.aspx

Rgds
    RaboDirect

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

carpy wrote: »

Teaser or not, it works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

anyone still want these invite links?

just got an email from Rabo offering some.
    I probably won't get round to tapping up 10 friends, so I'll offer them here.
    ...PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

anyone still want these invite links?

just got an email from Rabo offering some.
    I probably won't get round to tapping up 10 friends, so I'll offer them here.
    ...PM me if interested.

Yeah, me too. I have 8 left if anybody wants one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

The blog says the rate is 2.25% but the homepage says 2.0% (both gross). Not that it makes much difference but which is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

I also have invites if anyone wants them - just PM me :-)

I have invites too if anyone wants one!Just PM me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 RaboDirect

Onikage wrote: »
    The blog says the rate is 2.25% but the homepage says 2.0% (both gross). Not that it makes much difference but which is it?

Hi Onikage,

The homepage rate is correct, the blog post was created at the start of April however we had another ECB rate reduction in May. The content of the blog post is still relevant in relation to Carpy's comments. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks
    RaboDirect

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

I have some invites left. If anybody wants one, just PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭dirtyharry1971

I'll take an invite if its going cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Same as. 10 of the mothers...Looks like everyone is in the same boat. PM if interested...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I'll take an invite if its going cheers

You need to pm someone as will need your full name and email address. I could take care of you but there is a few further up the thread than me so trying to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I also have 10 of these invites.

PM me with your First Name, Surname and email and I'll send it off to Rabo to get your €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Hi Everybody,

Rabo are offering a promotion again. If I refer a person to them and they open an account, I get €20 and you also get €20 to start you off with your new account. No catch.

So if someone wants to open an account, pm me your email address and your name. I will enter this in the Rabo site and you will get emailed a link from them.

Easy peasy and €40 between us!!

/Steve

Just referred connundrum, anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No more Rabodirect threads..

Keep them here!

• Advertisement

eoinf and Pacifico, I just referred you.

If there's anyone else let me know!

I still have lots of invites left if anyone wants them just PM me your full name and e-mail address :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭davemie

I got loads of invites too. PM me with your name and email address if you want one. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

davemie wrote: »
    I got loads of invites too. PM me with your name and email address if you want one. Cheers.

will someone send me that invite??

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭davemie

Jayob10 wrote: »
    will someone send me that invite??

Cheers Jayob, its on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

Jayob,

PM me your Name and email address and I will send you an invite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I've got some invites too if anyone wants one.

Send your info via PM :)

Hi All

I have 8 Invites left, and am willing to share.

€20 is €20 lads!

;)

7 left here!

€20 for nothing! PM if you want an invite :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

I also have 10 of these invites.

PM me with your First Name, Surname and email and I'll send it off to Rabo to get your €20

I've 7 more left :)

5 more over here !

And me, have 8 left here if anyone wants any:)

All I can say is lads, there's no obligation to spend anything, I think it's a no brainer the way things are the moment, open your free account, get your 20 bob and withdraw it if you want!

Nobodies giving away money for anything nowadays. Still 7 invites left here.

P.S., I'm not affiliated in any way to Rabo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

How do you withdraw cash from this online account? ..its probably a stupid questions sorry :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement