Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Best spots in the city??

• 14-09-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I've been looking but haven’t found any similar threads so I said Id ask!??

As a culchie who is now well settled into living in Dublin I would go out up here regularly and all that but....still seem to "end up" in the same places very often. Its not that there is necessarily anything wrong with that but it seems like a bit of a waste sometimes,...seeing as Dublin has so many potential places to go to and there are so many that I/others (maybe yourself included!!!) wouldn’t think of/haven’t really heard of maybe..

Soooo where do people reckon are the best places/pubs/clubs to head for rock/metal and to avoid the typical Irish nightclub with chart music??

Would you class Doyles, Whelan’s and we'll say The Village as more indie than anything else yea??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

In da city?

You sure you didn't mean to post this in the hip-hop section?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BrotherTotz

Hmmm good point!!!

It does look like somethin a 50 cent wannabe would write...Id better get editing :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Fibber's is good if you're into your rock/metal, though it's a bit of a shíthole.

Bruxelle's is also good and is a nicer place, but has an older crowd and closes earlier than Fibber's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Fibber's is good if you're into your rock/metal, though it's a bit of a shíthole.

Bruxelle's is also good and is a nicer place, but has an older crowd and closes earlier than Fibber's.

So basically, go to Bruxelles early in the night, have a session there and then head on up to Fibber's for the late bar when you're drunk enough not to care about the smell.
    That's what I do :D

Advertisement