Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Ball

Options
  • 14-09-2007 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Was told that ya could get tickets for the freshers ball by opening up an Ulster Bank account, but didn't see any stall for it during registration and then kinda...forgot about it til now:eek: Any first years having similar problems? Or anyone know if the tickets will be available next week? I'm gonna kick something (quite possibily myself) if I'm the only numpty in 1st year who won't be able to get in...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

limited numbers go on sale at the SU shops, the banks aren't normally on campus until next week as then everyone is bound to be in non freshers included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

Jees, I couldn't walk outside Aungier Street without being assaulted by Ulster Bank people (Bankers) in orange tops! They didn't have a stall inside the college, but the SU were telling people to go to the Cornerstone to open an account. I think they said there'd be some on sale in the SU shop, but I got the impression there weren't many left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bazza 2000

is the ball over 18s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Johnny88

Our student union fella asked us if there were any under 18's planning on going, he told those who were that he'd sneak them in or something, then that he'd spend the night watching em to be sure they weren't drinking, though I'm fairly confident he was joking about the last part. I'd say under 18's are allowed, it would be stupid to expect all the 1st years to be that age

ye i suppose u are right thanks 4 the help mate
    what are u doing in dit

• Advertisement

media arts in aungier st, you?

automotive management and tech. in b. st.

did you get a ticket last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I just started in Cathal Brugha Street and all the Ulster Bank people are in the pub across the road from us to help ya open an account. They've been there all this week and according to the guy in the student union they'll be there next week too. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Lads... if you're trying to get into a venue that serves alcohol, it's of course gonna be over 18s. DITSU won't be able to change that fact and the venue aren't going to risk getting fined/shut down just for a few punters.
    Try your best to get in, but don't buy into too much "ah we'll sneak you in" nonsense... it'll be the club bouncers checking IDs, not anyone associated with the college.

• Advertisement

cool thanks gossip girl:)
    anyone know how formal/casual this thing's sposed to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Treat it like you're going to a nightclub. It's not the Trinity Ball for example.

Got my ticket, the Ulsterbank people are in the stationary shop just to the right when ya go out of aungier st:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Well done! See you at the ball ;)

will do, ill be the guy with curly-ish hair in a blazer lol:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grendo89

:( i couldnt get a ticket.... me thinks i was too late sob! have fun anyway peeps :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

grendo89 wrote:
    :( i couldnt get a ticket

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

all gone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

What is the thing thats on in break for the border on wednesday night? I saw it today there on the 'freshers 4 free' poster. Im not a fresher but any excuse for a mid week drink. Break for the border is a much nicer place anyway, spirit is a terrible dump

I think you give your ticket stub from the ball to get into break for the border for free tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement