Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball

• 14-09-2007 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey i was just wondering when the tickets for the UCD ball go on sale this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bigstar97

and whose playing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

bigstar97 wrote:
    and whose playing??

4 stages

Indie/Soft Rock
    Green Day
    Razorlight
    The Killers
    Arcade Fire
    The Blizzards

Hip Hop/RNB
    P.Diddy
    Eminem
    Snoop Dogg
    Fifty Cent

Metal
    Metallica
    Guns N Roses
    Anthrax
    Slayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

More like Director and the Blizzards. It's a UCD event ffs

****, I was thinking of an event worth going to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

plus that's only 3 stages...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Het-Field wrote:
    4 stages

Indie/Soft Rock
    Green Day
    Razorlight
    The Killers
    Arcade Fire
    The Blizzards

Hip Hop/RNB
    P.Diddy
    Eminem
    Snoop Dogg
    Fifty Cent

Metal
    Metallica
    Guns N Roses
    Anthrax
    Slayer

the 4th stage you forgot to mention there is the legends stage with

Led Zepplin
    The Smiths
    The Stone Roses
    Prince
    and of course with Aslan headlining

the 4th stage you forgot to mention there is the legends stage with

Led Zepplin
    The Smiths
    The Stone Roses
    Prince
    and of course with Aslan headlining

Dont forget the Reformed Spice Girls. And Black Sabbath.

Rumour has it System of A Down are likey to end their self imposed hiatus to play a one off gig in the Belfield carpark.

Fngers Crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

Het-Field wrote:
    Rumour has it System of A Down are likey to end their self imposed hiatus to play a one off gig in the Belfield carpark.

Fngers Crossed

that would be unreal!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Any idea of a date when tickets go on sale then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

p-nut wrote:
    Any idea of a date when tickets go on sale then.....

Ents Officer: "In the next couple of weeks". Nothing at all's being given away.

• Advertisement

It's probably gonna be cancelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bubs101 wrote:
    It's probably gonna be cancelled

Go on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

i also heard the original beatles line up was supporting elvis on the main stage, after mozart presents an original piece he's written just for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Who is really playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Jimi Hendrix has been confirmed

Rolling Stones Extend Bigger Bang Tour

It has been confirmed that The Rolling Stones' Bigger Bang tour has been extended by one special irish date. Next April, Mick, Kieth and the rest will appear for a one off show in the belfield Carpark of University College Dublin, as part of the UCD Ball 2008.

Micke Jagger was "delighted to be given a chance to play to a challanging crowd".

"It will be a very different environment from our usual shows. Normally, we have hundred and thousands of screaming fans, however, in this case, many will be indifferent to the Stones. Usually, the bands who play in UCD range from the Boring to the downright pointless"

Kieth Richards was unavailable for comment, however, it is believed that his palm tree accident of 2006 was directly linked with a decision to play The UCD Ball of 2008.

In other news Velvet Revolver are in talks with UCDSU about a slot on the Hard Rock and Metal stage.

Slipknot, Queens of the Stone Age, and Placebo have confirmed that they will not be a appearing in Belfield next April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Het-Field wrote:
    Rolling Stones Extend Bigger Bang Tour

It has been confirmed that The Rolling Stones' Bigger Bang tour has been extended by one special irish date. Next April, Mick, Kieth and the rest will appear for a one off show in the belfield Carpark of University College Dublin, as part of the UCD Ball 2008.

Micke Jagger was "delighted to be given a chance to play to a challanging crowd".

"It will be a very different environment from our usual shows. Normally, we have hundred and thousands of screaming fans, however, in this case, many will be indifferent to the Stones. Usually, the bands who play in UCD range from the Boring to the downright pointless"

Kieth Richards was unavailable for comment, however, it is believed that his palm tree accident of 2006 was directly linked with a decision to play The UCD Ball of 2008.

In other news Velvet Revolver are in talks with UCDSU about a slot on the Hard Rock and Metal stage.

Slipknot, Queens of the Stone Age, and Placebo have confirmed that they will not be a appearing in Belfield next April

All so good if only your dates were right. Its on on October 4th now! And also Boo to QOTSA for not showing up:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Is it formal or what??
    Most importantly, is it worth going to? The freshers ball in tripod was complete ****, not that I was expecting much, it still managed to lessen my expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

word is tat it cancelled due to "unforseen circumstances" can anyone confirm or deny this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

The Observer says it's to be replaced by a weekend festival now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Yeah, its cancelled. Replaced by multi-day event.

2 big names playing, at least. From what I've (reliably) heard, they are actually pretty damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

True, Fun Loving Criminals and Calvin Harris. There's an announcement about the Ball up on the ucd ents bebo page. Fair play to Quinlivan, I think he's doing an excellent job so far, I'd say it's difficult enough to get the ball rolling (sorry) again for a UCD Ball after it fell through last year and since the *other* one we're not allowed mention is such a big deal.

Its being left quite late actually. Its on in 9 days. Actually, is it the 4th or 5th its on? I thought the 4th, but then saw someone putting down in the space for the 5th the other day...I'm confused.

Calvin Harris wont be there, FLC I think are playing Portlaoise in November(soon anyway), even though I'd love to see both.

EDIT: Whoops, read the thing on the bebo page now. Excellant news. Calvin Harris, Fun Lovin Criminals and QOTSA in the space of 8 days...sweeeet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

read the observer mate...the festival is a weekend now as posted above

and http://www.ucdents.com/ shows that Calvin Harris is confirmed to play in UCD

QOTSA????? Glad I work in the shop, guaranteed ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fluther

Calvin Harris is a LEGEND!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bubs101 wrote:

I don't think they're coming to UCD.

Bubs101 wrote:

Haha, sorry mate, I'm going to see them in Bristol the Saturday after. Imagine that one, 6.30 flight after a night out to celebrate end of semester, I wont be able to stand.

God damn you. Still, Scooby snacks.

As a side, is anyone else gonna wear a tux to the fun lovin criminals??

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote:
    God damn you. Still, Scooby snacks.

As a side, is anyone else gonna wear a tux to the fun lovin criminals??

Yeah, ya see, its all good. Imagine having to wear a tux for the 4 days? Dont think this will be the actual UCD Ball, said on the bebo page they'd have it on again next semester.

Advertisement