Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8 Catherine Place Limerick

• 14-09-2007 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Stopped to answer the phone here this morning and got a fright when my 2 year old start investigating the possibilities here - I unfortunately took the snap from a 45 degree angle so its a poor illustration; but theres two missing railings here and definitely enough room for a small child to fall the [approx.] 12 feet to the concrete below

At least theres a Solicitors office nearby :rolleyes:

- Who should this appalling fcukwittedness be mentioned to; I suppose I should just call the Corpo and let them track down the owners ?

MissingRailings.jpg

Building.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

My vote is to melt down the RH "Statue" and make some railing posts to fix the above problem .... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

hobie wrote:
    My vote is to melt down the RH "Statue" and make some railing posts to fix the above problem .... :p

LMFAO

I have seen these railings, and other pretty dangerous ones too. I guess contacting the corporation is the only thing to do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

hobie wrote:

Hobie, please refer to the charter in relation to people seeking assistance.

Your best bet is to contact the City Council, they have the power to order a building owner to maintain their buildings.

Google reveals that it is also known as Lisadell house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

suggest the moderators remove the pic as the company in the bronze plate are not responsible for the public falling.. liability would be the land lord of the building in question unless tenents had removed said railings. ( unlikely, and no, I am not the owner or tenent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I believe that the user was alluding to the fact that there was a solicitors office there should someone decide to fall through the railings and require his services. I do not believe he was accusing them of anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I have noticed a lot of the missing railiings are being filled in with coathanger wire strung between the remaining posts. Its an eyesore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I believe that the user was alluding to the fact that there was a solicitors office there should someone decide to fall through the railings and require his services. I do not believe he was accusing them of anything.

Thanks Billy - I will state that it would be inadvisable and foolish to accuse anyone of anything without being in possession of all of the relevant information.

However, personally [and this is only my opinion and should in no way imply that I am assigning responsibility to ANY party] I would avoid any person, business or organization who happily carries out their day to day activities 16 feet away from a serious health hazard which could quite easily cause some poor child to spend the rest of their days brain damaged in a wheelchair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Just to add that the last time I passed these Railings they were still in a state of wanton, careless, negligent disrepair.

3 years and 3 months is ample time to effect a simple repair such as this which is totally necessary to prevent a horrible accident - even for a Cowboy Outfit as embarrassingly feeble and laughable as Limerick City Council.

- Also for the record I'd like to say that I appreciate hobie's input on this thread and take it at face value for what it was - a bit of harmless fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I was walking past 8 catherine place about a year ago and someone hurled a glass jar filled with black liquid at my head from the second floor, missed braining me by a hairs breadth. true story.

Advertisement