Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 6 - Defending

Options
  • 14-09-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

can someone please tell me, how people on xbox live are so good at defending. Dont get me wrong im ok at the game, i can hold my own at teh game. If i lose its by the odd goal, record is won 50 draw 12 lost 69.

But against some players there defenders seem to be alot faster that my wingers, attackers.

is there any trick to it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

An agressively-set backline & offside trap + a DM are key, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

does the agression make them faster to the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

What's an agressively set backline?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yeah what is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Cruching tackles flying everywere!!! Thats what I want it to be! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's like a flaw. Defenders seem to always have that extra bit of pace, or else they can turn on a sixpence and get straight into top gear. It really annoys me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

try going 5 at the back mate my formation is.

5-3-2

Keeper

CB
    CB
    CB
    --CB
    CB
    DM

AM
    AM

SS
    CF

Defense pushed right up high as possible, and offside on high Setting.

Make sure all your defenders are set to CB position even the full backs, this really tightens up the back line and also set ur defense to aggresive and A Offside setting.

Let me know how you get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah what is this?
    Oops, sorry guys, only just seen this :)

pesireland has basically answered the question above when he says "set ur defense to aggresive and A Offside setting".

Yep, I set my Maintain Backline and Offside Trap settings both to 'A' - it works a dream for me. Very solid. Of course this will greatly effect the stamina of your defenders earlier in the game than normal, so watch out for that early in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

pes 6 is a load of muck on 360 anyway especially on live. it's just not what it used to be! hope pes 08 is back to what it does best, good gameplay and not getting as fustrated as i do playing the last one.

Advertisement