Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of Ownership - How long?

Options
  • 14-09-2007 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Quick question - How long does it typically take to process a change of ownership - its been two weeks since I bought a car, and still no sign of the new reg cert from Shannon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

4-6 weeks

If you want, give a ring on Monday and they can confirm if they've recieved it.
    Wouldn't worry yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I had mine back within a week ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

was waitin about 4 weeks when i bought my car 3 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it varies, some changes of ownership I've done have taken over a month, yet I get some replacement VLC's in a matter of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Two or three months is not unheard of. It depends on the time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they're on salary, they're not exactly in a rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Thanks lads, Im a bit paranoid since my last experience with them.

The last time, they reckon they never got the cert from the previous owner, so I had to get an affidavit form which they supplied, signed by a Peace Commisioner, plus a stamp from a main dealer to verify the VIn numbers, etc. Ongoing saga took about 12 weeks.:eek:

Advertisement