Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Adobe CS3

Options
  • 14-09-2007 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the best place the adobe CS3 package with photoshop dreamweaver and fireworks, hoping to go into webdesign and wont mind if its the older version but prefer newer one, gratful for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

ebay ... if you're going for commercial work .. make sure its not the student version ... read all the fine print ....

prices will all be around the same for newer version and if not then question it ...

Alternatively just download the demos .. for a month of work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

sorry is the older one the same price as the newer one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

The online store is here...

https://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-IE&

The web suite, which includes: Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, and Photoshop is € 2,055.79.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

thats a bit dear, is there anycheaper ones, i dont want flash or illustrator

You'll possibley find an older version for sale online ... someone's copy of it ... what I would say is make sure its legal to transfer the license ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

You can buy them separate, but they are like €780 each, so it's cheaper to buy the package if you want two or more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Now if you were a California student (or wanna be), you might check out here. Click Adobe Student License Purchase Program. It's essentially the same package as the professional version considerably discounted, just the wrapping is different. It's the newest version and sells for $314 USD for either Windows or Mac. Of course, you might be cautious of commercially using the student issue? Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Are there any freeware alternatives to Flash or Dreamweaver?

Are there any freeware alternatives to Flash or Dreamweaver?

What about http://www.nvu.com/index.html as a replacement for dreamweaver

I've not come across any flash alternatives ... but then I've not been looking .. depending on your needs there are a few ... rather cheap things out there ... swish and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

I got photoshop CS2 on it's own for about 400 euros.
    I purchased photoshop 6 second hand on ebay with the licence, and then an update brand new.

Dreamweaver - if you're going into web design with CSS I'm not sure you'll really need it to be honest, it's not that great. It cost me about 350 off eBay as I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 WeeDiddly

Thats worse than Microsoft... They are very common programs that sell a lot, and I feel €2000 is ridiculous. There must be an absoloutley massive profit margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I tried Nvu before. It's kinda alright for a once off project. But trusting it with managing lots of projects and doing fairly robust things, it gets a little bit frustrating. I think I just wanted to highlight text once, and it wouldn't let me without jumping into the source code. Something like that really turned me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

I tried Nvu before. It's kinda alright for a once off project. But trusting it with managing lots of projects and doing fairly robust things, it gets a little bit frustrating. I think I just wanted to highlight text once, and it wouldn't let me without jumping into the source code. Something like that really turned me off it.

Yeah, NVU is total rubbish IMO. Every other time when I try to edit the HTML directly, it locks up. It will only cause you pain in the long run.

Advertisement