Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hd Advice

Options
  • 14-09-2007 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hiya
    I'm in the process of setting up a NAS machine with Raid 5 but I need 4 IDE ATA HD's (not SATA).

My question is what is the quietest make of IDE drives on the market...not an easy question I know but just looking for the general opinion of people who may have used a few makes of drives in builds.

I hear the Seagate Barracuda are good and the Western Digital are the worst for noise...I would prefer a drive a little slower than a noisy one as my project priority is to safeguard the data and not speed of access, hence Raid 5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

In general Seagates and samsung spinpoints woulb be among the quietest drives on the market.

Advertisement