Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 / Vodafone 3g question

Options
  • 14-09-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

Have a Vodafone Usb modem, and at work, it's perfect, have Hsdpa speed, all happy. At home however, have only Gprs signal (5 bars) so it's slightly worse than dial up.
    When I put a vodafone sim into my Treo 750v phone at home, it denotes "G" 5 bars signal, which is Gprs only, but when I tried an O2 payg sim in the phone it shows "E" 2 bars.
    I presume "E" means edge, and was wondering if O2 edge is the same thing as Vodafone Gprs, or would it be faster.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 corepl

Have a Vodafone Usb modem, and at work, it's perfect, have Hsdpa speed, all happy. At home however, have only Gprs signal (5 bars) so it's slightly worse than dial up.
    When I put a vodafone sim into my Treo 750v phone at home, it denotes "G" 5 bars signal, which is Gprs only, but when I tried an O2 payg sim in the phone it shows "E" 2 bars.
    I presume "E" means edge, and was wondering if O2 edge is the same thing as Vodafone Gprs, or would it be faster.

with GPRS you'll get up to 80 kbit/s
    EDGE offers up to 236.8 kbit/s

Advertisement