Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Eircom ever complain about too much downloading

Options
  • 14-09-2007 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

They have no cap but do they ever complain, I've just starting doing some big downloads like I'm over 50 gig this month, I'm wondering would they ever moan or do they not care at all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

No cap?? Since when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

since always, at least I don't think I have one lol, there was never any mention of one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

i havent been warned or fined yet

i take it you download a lot so

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Why is it necessary for people to bring up this topic on such a monotonously regular basis? When you sign up with Eircom (as with most isps) you agree to a cap - if you dont abide by the cap you leave yourself open to consequences depending on the isp.

If Eircom charged for exceeding the cap Boards would be full of complaints etc etc. They dont charge - at least to date - and still people seem to have a need to raise the subject. They dont charge shut up about it until they do lest the noise doth tempt them!

Anyone who is over 50g with half a month gone (and boasting about it too) deserves no sympathies when the grim reaper eventually comes!

• Advertisement

OO whose the narky boy, there is no cap with eircom, i wasn't boasting merely stating a fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

I saw a bill from them lately for "enthusiastic" use of it , was basically @ oh look you can upgrade and avoid paying us xxxx"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

MooseJam wrote:
    OO whose the narky boy, there is no cap with eircom, i wasn't boasting merely stating a fact

From Wikipedia:
    Generally, a fact is something that is the case, something that actually exists, or something that can be verified according to an established standard of evaluation

The following can be verified by visiting [url]www.eircom.net:[/url]

Home Starter:
    Monthly megabyte allowance: 10 GB download / 1 GB upload.

Home Plus:
    Monthly megabyte allowance: 20 GB download and unlimited upload.

Home Professional:
    Monthly allowance: 30 GB download and unlimited upload.

Terms and Conditions:http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/bb_real_terms.pdf

Have a look at clause 2.3.

bummer, and there was me thinking i had no cap, to finish off my last download or not hmmm
    mind you I thought there was no cap because their adds say unlimited use, thats a bit deceptive

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircom along with BT, UTV etc have the right to charge you.

This topic comes up again and again, please use the search function :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement