Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the most popular poster on the North West forum ?

Options
  • 14-09-2007 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Nothing else to add, please feel free to express your own personal opinion ?..

P. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

basquile id say, he is good for an insight into upcoming tv shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Nice to see a live new thread getting a respone on the N.W Forum, so c'mon play the game and be fair otherwise Paddy20 might come looking for you and then get himself banned ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'd say it's yourself Paddy! I occasionally 'drop in' and when I do, you are always in full flight. :D

I'd say it's yourself Paddy! I occasionally 'drop in' and when I do, you are always in full flight. :D

Thank you for your compliment Wishbone Ash, but I started this thread to just give the North- West forum a kick up the arse, as it seems to have gone very quiet recenty :cool: Maybe this might strike a new way of thinking amongst our .N.W. fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

well I suppose popular fall into that grouping.

I would have to put gille forward for this title, not so much in the NW Forum but in Sligo, it has the most activity at the moment.

Paddy, you are a tight 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm here. Game over. You can lock this thread now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote:
    Kick ass baby :rolleyes:

Very difficult to give an opinion on this thread. One thing is that we now have 4 fora instead of one but for the sake of the thread we can count all the county fora together.

The other thing is how do you define "popular".
    Is it the number of posts,
    the number of intelligent posts (that would rule out 90% of the users ;) ),
    the user who seems to be the nicest (in reality away from boards they are probably only a b*****d),
    the user who behaves best (thats Paddy20 ruled out:D ).

We do have quite a lot of good posts and posters here and honestly it would be unfair to select one (Im open for nominations though).

Im taking the fifth amendment on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

AdrianII wrote:
    basquile id say, he is good for an insight into upcoming tv shows
    Cheers for that Adrian... but that's all i'm good for. I reckon it'll be the graving on my tombstone.
    muffler wrote:
    The other thing is how do you define "popular".
    Is it the number of posts,.
    Yay..
    muffler wrote:
    the number of intelligent posts (that would rule out 90% of the users ;)),.
    I only post when i've something useful to say.... like a 'Yore Ma' comment in AH, and a sarcastic reply which adds nothing to the thread in the slightest..
    muffler wrote:
    the user who seems to be the nicest (in reality away from boards they are problem only a b*****d),
    I'm pretty friendly off Boards..

.. unless you actually talk to me, i will admit i'm an utter bast*rd then!
    muffler wrote:
    the user who behaves best (thats Paddy20 ruled out :D).
    I'm pretty well behaved on Boards anyways.. i tend to let my anarchy run loose in Nickelodeon forums telling the kids that the Teletubbies are not real and that LambChop (remember him) was not actually an animal but a SOCK! Shocking i know!

I'd say muffler meself... sound bloke. Though he really has to get over this jealousy he has of my Superman one-sie. If you want a lend of it, i told you all you have to do is ask. There's a 15 euro per night rental charge, plus 20 euro deposit however.

was just thinking about this, and I have one thought.

SOME BETTER VOTE FOR ME OR I AM BANNING EVERYONE

please vote for me.

now thats how you win an election, dictatorship

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Alright alright!
    I nominate Nanook!

• Advertisement

Nanook

The Winner

basquille wrote:
    Though he really has to get over this jealousy he has of my Superman one-sie. If you want a lend of it, i told you all you have to do is ask. There's a 15 euro per night rental charge, plus 20 euro deposit however.
    Dont think its my size given the 6 pack* that I have :D

*Or is that a 26 pack

basquille wrote:
    There's a 15 euro per night rental charge, plus 20 euro deposit however.

Is there a soiling charge? :o
    Cover your bases man!

smashey wrote:

I must admit that smashey is very close to getting my vote, but then I also have in mind another poster, until I see how this thread develops I will not reveal my final decision ;) .

Paddy20 wrote:
    I must admit that smashey is very close to getting my vote, but then I also have in mind another poster, until I see how this thread develops I will not reveal my final decision ;) .

I love you too Paddy. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

smashey wrote:
    I was kinda going to say Smashey until Smashey got in and said it first and stole the moment! Huh? :confused: So it will have to be you Paddy thats gets my vote.
    Of course Gillie is our very own Tommie Gorman and great at changing nappies too by all accounts. Magnumlady is also good with that camera!
    Too many people too little time.
    Doh! :D

ok votes are as follows

Basquille (onse party) un pwoint
    Nanook (champion) un pwoint
    Gille (Townie Party) un pwoint
    Paddy (IMHO Party) un pwoint

Looks like I am winning, remember I have the power to edit

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd vote Gillie myself. He's always full of useful information on the Sligo forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Paddy20 wrote:
    Thank you for your compliment Wishbone Ash, but I started this thread to just give the North- West forum a kick up the arse, as it seems to have gone very quiet recenty
    And I ended up reading this thread because the North County Dublin Forum seems to have died a death lately - 2 posts in 2 days! :rolleyes:

tuppence wrote:
    Of course Gillie is our very own Tommie Gorman and great at changing nappies too by all accounts.

She's on my lap as I type this.
    She'll be a boardster in no time!;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Gillie wrote:
    She's on my lap as I type this.
    She'll be a boardster in no time!;)

She's probably already a boardster. Babies have a habit of pressing the keyboard at just the wrong time and sending stuff you might not mean to send at that time or to that person. Have you noticed any strange responses recently? :eek:
    Does this mean we can vote for Gillies baby as the most popular North west poster then? :)

tuppence wrote:
    She's probably already a boardster. Babies have a habit of pressing the keyboard at just the wrong time and sending stuff you might not mean to send at that time or to that person. Have you noticed any strange responses recently? :eek:
    Does this mean we can vote for Gillies baby as the most popular North west poster then? :)

You can try!

She's already grabbing the phone and trying to txt!:rolleyes:

smashey wrote:
    I love you too Paddy. ;)

Oh well, thats it then. My nomination has to go to smashey :D , but keep voting for others, some of whom may not post as often as smashey, for instance Donegalman was my second favourite.

And I ended up reading this thread because the North County Dublin Forum seems to have died a death lately - 2 posts in 2 days! :rolleyes:

Was Wishbone Ash not the name of a popular rock group in the 60,s or 70,s ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I vote for Gillie.

magnumlady wrote:
    I vote for Gillie.

I am surprised that Tar Aldarion has not been mentioned, after all it is not 'the quantity' that matters, the quality matters more ;) .

Paddy20 wrote:
    I am surprised that Tar Aldarion has not been mentioned, after all it is not 'the quantity' that matters, the quality matters more ;) .

Who is this Aldarion person you mention? I haven't seen him post anything.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

<clears throat>

smashey wrote:

she wont be happppyyyyy

tar, paddy has requested your presence.

• Advertisement

smashey wrote:
    nanook wrote:
    she wont be happppyyyyy
    I think I will refer to tar as it and that way I cant go wrong :D

Advertisement