Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which garmin to get

• 14-09-2007 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

hi

im thinking about getting a gps

im torn between these two the garmin 610T for 303euro or the garmin 350 ofor 300euro.

Which is the better one.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The 350 is pre loaded with Ireland, Uk, and Europe, where as the 610 only has Ireland and Uk, however the 610 has bluetooth and the 350 does not. It really comes down to what your needs are.

Both will operate the very same though and will have the same user interface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

to be honest i dont think id need the europe ones, just uk and eire

AdrianII wrote:
    to be honest i dont think id need the europe ones, just uk and eire

One bit of advice, remember, these can be used on sight seeing trip throughout many European cities like Paris, Rome and Barcalona. Just be 100% sure before you buy, as the european maps could be quite expensive to buy at a later date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ioshmearse

I bought the 610t because it had bluetooth, wide screen and Harvey Normans had a good price on it. If you think you will be travelling outside Ire and UK - do not buy it.

It is a 'Regional Model' which means that it has less physical memory than a model with full european mapping. I 'needed' a sat nav for the US this summer and thought I was onto a good thing by buying the 610t, ordering the US map on SD from Garmin US at over half the price quoted on any European based websites. The card was faulty which can happen, Garmin US referred me to Garmin UK, who lost the faulty card and am still waiting to resolve the issue after receiving it in early Aug. I also thought I could buy a continental european map cheaper in the US but it was $299 in Garmin's Chicago shop and same price online. Not much of a saving.

The 610t is useful for the screen size and bluetooth. I havent had any significant problems with directions so far in Ireland. If you never plan to use a sat nav outside Ire/Uk then the 610t is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

What about the 250 model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

I got the 310d with bluetooth and euro maps...does the business

fletch wrote:
    What about the 250 model?

Here is a compare chart between the Nuvi 250 310 350 and 360

The 250 is available for €250 from local stores and the 350 is available from pixmania for €299. Dont have prices of the other 2 for you. Sorry

Advertisement