Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bushings

Options
  • 14-09-2007 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

I posted a question regarding bushings recently(seems to be removed?)
    Anyway, had to get them done, after failing the NCT.

I got them done during the week but am noticing a kind of knocking noise to the rear. I thought this was an indication that they were in need of repair/replacing, but not something I should be hearing after they were done?

I hear it when manoeuvring the car, rather than when going over bumps/ ramps, which is when I noticed it a bit before.

It appears to be more noticable it more since I had it into the garage. Does this make sense?
    Do new bushings take time to 'break in'?

They had to remove the subframe and fit 4 new rear bushings (02 Mondeo)

I hope you can follow my attempts at explaining my query..not the best with mechanical matters.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

Maybe they made a shambles of it somewhere, I'd bring it back to make sure nothing came loose under there. Its so annoying when you get a job done and it has not been done correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

Any mechanics out there? Any ideas?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You mustn't have heard~~SKYHIGH~~
    "Maybe they made a shambles of it somewhere, I'd bring it back to make sure nothing came loose under there. Its so annoying when you get a job done and it has not been done correctly."

Advertisement