Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Mountain, Dunmanway

Options
  • 15-09-2007 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Anyone know anything about Cool Mountain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 finecutmarm

i was at a crazy techno rave there on saturday night, it is in the middle of nowhere.. v. cool .. but very underground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

very underground indeed! but all the people for mils around know this. There are loads of new age hippies etc. there and its meant to be a chilled out place. Never been there my self yet (not brave enough to go on my own!). dinn't know raves were still going on (they are about 10 years out of date).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

my mom saw a naked man there once..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mikey joe

Andrew_M wrote:
    Anyone know anything about Cool Mountain?
    all I know about it is my great grandfather was from there - seriously!

he wasn't into the raves at all AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

There's a bit of bother there at the moment, there was what you call an "altercation" there and then some guy went missing, and the guards think they found him in a slurry tank last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ravemasterflash

theres no reason to be scared there ****in wicked raves.just came back from 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

how the hell are raves out of date?

There has been quite a few people gone missing up there over the years. we were out on a search a few years ago for a guy that was ment to be walking west, they knew where he was goin and he was found 2 miles east of where he was last seen.

Lots of strange stuff go's on there and there is a lot of trouble up there that people dont hear about.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

i used go up there when i was 16 - 17 to raves, crazy place, wouldnt mind headin up to another 1 tho.
    how does one go about finding out when they are on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Never been but I have a lot of friends who grew up around Bandon/Macroom, who used to attend the various gatherings there - absolutely nuts by all accounts. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

one very happy place ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cosmic martin

Just to put things straight, Gary was murdered in a differant place and scene. He never went missing from Cool Mountain. As far as information on the mountain. It is a very cool place where a lot of my friends live with there familys. Lots of teenagers hence the "Raves". There's also a lot of other music favored by the older members of the community. As someone mentioned there is a wider community encompassing west cork and further. There is a massive community spirit, which everyone gladly gets involved in. Also there are a lot of traditional crafts pursued, like Basketry and thatching.
    Peace. :)

Take back the future.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Its a hole imo, load of hippies drawing the dole getting drunk and high every night these sort of people are driving the country in wreck its our taxes that are paying for these raves and letting these wasters away with it is a disgrace.

Bomb the place imo...seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cosmic martin

There are plenty of threads out there to flame. You obviously have an axe to grind. Maybe you lost your job or feel opressed by the system. You obviously have no idea what your talking about so plees either be constructive or find other ways to vent your energies. Maybe the people who have raped our society and sold us out to the IMF.

P.S. There are very severe laws against incitment to racial hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

There are plenty of threads out there to flame. You obviously have an axe to grind. Maybe you lost your job or feel opressed by the system. You obviously have no idea what your talking about so plees either be constructive or find other ways to vent your energies. Maybe the people who have raped our society and sold us out to the IMF.

P.S. There are very severe laws against incitment to racial hatred.

Em I do in fact know what im talking about I live in a town near enough to there and have friends in Togher just up the road from there. From what I hear they have no respect for the honest hadworking locals, their music from these raves can be heard for miles away and many find it diffucult to sleep. Drugs are meant to be a huge problem there also.

I dont mean to be a grinch but honestly what use are these people on society?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

people up there live in washing machines. Its like borderlands video game was based on this place.

FRACKIN HIPPES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Lynchit

Its a hole imo, load of hippies drawing the dole getting drunk and high every night these sort of people are driving the country in wreck its our taxes that are paying for these raves and letting these wasters away with it is a disgrace.
    You can't make such massive racist generalizations like that. Maybe there are people on Cool Mountain that do fit that description, but its very narrow-minded to say everyone up there is like that.
    I have a lot of good friends who live on Cool mountain, and go to the parties.

Obviously some of them are on the dole, but everyone's on the dole these days, and I'd say the average is exactly the same on Cool Mountain.
    Em I do in fact know what im talking about I live in a town near enough to there and have friends in Togher just up the road from there. From what I hear they have no respect for the honest hadworking locals, their music from these raves can be heard for miles away and many find it diffucult to sleep. Drugs are meant to be a huge problem there also.
    To be honest, I don't see you having any respect for them by the sounds of things. Why should they respect you.
    Those raves on Cool mountain are probably annoying to the locals alright, but some of those locals GO to those raves man.

The drugs are a personal choice, and you had any respect for them, you'd accept that and not judge them for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dude, the thread is a year old. Move on.

Whatever man. Anyone can read a date. I saw something, and decided to reply. Who cares how old it is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Lynchit wrote: »
    Whatever man. Anyone can read a date. I saw something, and decided to reply. Who cares how old it is?

Are you a hippie too?

• Advertisement

don't enage with people that say "whatever man". Honest to god.
    You mean engage?
    Are you a hippie too?
    No. Would you have a problem if I was? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement