Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train from Maynooth to Connolly

Options
  • 15-09-2007 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

How much is the train from Maynooth to Connolly?
    I have the timetable already but no pricing.
    Going to Croke Pk on Sunday and someone advised me to drive to Maynooth and get the train from there.
    Is there loads of parking?

Hoping to have a good day out like I did in Sept 1998;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭coxy14

Last time I got one, which was about 2 months ago, a return ticket from maynooth to connolly cost €5.10 with a single working out at about €2.90

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If your going to Croker, get off at Drumcondra not Connolly, same price though. The car park at Maynooth station holds around 40-50 cars both sides of the station included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

If your going to Croker, get off at Drumcondra not Connolly, same price though. The car park at Maynooth station holds around 40-50 cars both sides of the station included.

But it's always packed on match days OP as a lot of people seem to get the same idea as you. Plenty of housing estates near it though if you get stuck for somewhere to park. Oh and yeah, get out at Drumcondra, not Connolly and you're right next to Croker. Hope you enjoy the match :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

dont park in private estates - you people (match goers) treat maynooth like a massive car park on big match days - have some respect when parking your car for locals.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

slumped wrote:
    dont park in private estates - you people (match goers) treat maynooth like a massive car park on big match days - have some respect when parking your car for locals.

S

ah a few hours on a sunday won't kill anyone surely! you'd do it yourself if you had to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Abrys

Hey guys,

I just noticed this Thread is a bit out-dated and I can't find any up to date Threads.

Does anyone have any updates on prices from Maynooth to Dublin (Connolly) or are the prices still the same as stated by coxy14 above?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

It's slightly higher now. A single ticket is €3.40. I don't know about return (I take a bus into work and a train home) but it's around the €6 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

http://www.irishrail.ie/index.jsp?p=118&n=198

Ticket
    Fare
    Leap Card / Iarnrod Eireann Smart Card
    €3.00
    Adult Single
    €3.60
    Adult Day Return
    €6.60
    Adult 7 Day Rolling Rail
    €29.30
    Adult 3 Day Rolling Rail
    €17.50
    Child Single
    €1.45
    Child Day Return
    €2.55
    Schoolchild Smart Card Single*
    €0.60
    Scholar Smart Card Single*
    €1.55

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

slumped wrote: »

S

In particular, beware that Silken Vale has (almost certainly even more illegal than normal, as I believe its long since taken in to charge by KCC) private clampers on match days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Silkenvale has not been taken in charge and probably never will be.

Nobody's been clamped there for a long time - the clamping company that did it doesn't operate in the area anymore afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If the developer isn't solvent or has already ceased to exist, it'll eventually be taken in to charge anyway - as eventually happened to Kingsbry from memory (which was built by more than one developer at that), and a few estates in Leixlip.

Not sure in what manner the legalities are sorted out; and I also think Silken Vale predates the better legislation for it (2000).

Wasn't aware the clamping had stopped, the signs were still up the last time I was in there but that was a while ago.

Advertisement