Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unforgiven predictions

• 15-09-2007 2:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Unforgiven is on Sky Sports 1 this Sunday and I think it will be worth a look. Here's how I see things going...

John Cena (c) vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)

I'm not sure how this one will go as I felt Orton would win the belt at Summerslam. Personally I hope Cena hangs on to the title but I think Orton will probably prevail this time round.

Great Khali (c) vs Batista vs Rey Mysterio (World Heavyweight title)

Very rare that you see the title change hands in a match like this and I think this will be no exception. Khali to retain unfortunately.

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry

Has to be the dead man surely? A winning return for Taker.

Triple H vs. Carlito

I guess it's possible Triple H could put Carlito over...actually no it's not. Triple H to once again overcome superhuman odds and win. :)

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke (ECW Championship)

I'd be very surprised if they took the title off Punk this quickly so I feel he'll get the win. Pity this isn't Extreme rules.

Candice Michelle (c) vs. Beth Phoenix (Women's Championship Match)

This is the bathroom break as far as I'm concerned so I'm not fussed on who wins. I'll go for Beth.

London & Kendrick vs Cade & Murdoch (c) (World Tag Titles)

I reckon this could be the match of the night if it's given a fair bit of time. Cade and Murdoch will retain in my view.

Deuce & Domino vs MVP & Matt Hardy (c) (WWE Tag Titles)

I imagine it will be Deuce & Domino who win to further the feud between Hardy and MVP.

I think this has the makings of a good show. Cena vs Orton seems like a main event which will deliver, London & Kendrick and Cade & Murdoch have good chemistry and should put on a nice match and add to that the return of the Undertaker (great news) and we have the potential for a good night's entertainment.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Not a hugely impressive card... I'll watch, but I really hope Taker puts that ugly silverback on the shelf. I'm liking how Taker's gothic streak is coming back out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Does the weekend pass for sky sports pass expire before or after this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Cena

Khali

Taker

Triple H vs. Carlito

Trips

Punk

Beth

cade & Murdoch

D&D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I also thought Orton would take the title at Sumerslam but that wasn't to be. I'm not sure if WWE will put the title on Orton because his name was mentioned in the drug bust, but it would be cool if they did. I'd really like to see them milk this feud as much as possible, ala Cena vs Edge last year. If they do this I can see Orton winning tonight. The title might go back and forth until the Royal Rumble where the feud will come to an end in a cage or 2/3 falls match.

I love Khali now so I'm all for him. No one can beat the CLAW!!!!

Anything but Henry getting his ass handed to him will be a travesty.

Triple H vs. Carlito

This will be a good chance to see if Carlito has a good match in him. I think the answer will be no.

This should be decent, and the start of a long feud. They could get a decent run out of these two and Burke will fill the gap nicely until the far superior Morrison makes his return.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Beth better knock that plastic nose right off Candice's face.

This is going to be class. My money is on Londrick taking the belts. I think the South Africa change was just a way to practice the match with Londrick winning. I expect this feud to last as long as humanly possible, because until Haas returns, there are no other tag teams for either team to fight.

I love this MVP Hardy thing, it's great, but then so are Deuce and Domino :cool: They will probably have MVP f*ck Hardy over and set up the US title match down the line. But that all depends on MVP's health and whether he's been cleared to wrestle properly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i have to laugh at the wwe.com headline things when they say "will Mark Henry be the next Superstar added to The Undertakers claimed soul's list" duh Wrestlemania 23 anyone

• Advertisement

Duh yourself, it was WrestleMania 22 :)

(Sh*t I feel like VR!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Double C wrote:

(Sh*t I feel like VR!)

:D:D:D

sorry it was a good one vr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Cena vs Orton.
    Cena.

Dalip vs Dave vs Oscar
    I mark out for Khali, so I shall go for the big man.

Undertaker vs Henry
    I will go out on a limb here and say Undertaker....

Burke vs Punk
    Solid match with Punk over Burke.

Londrick vs Cadock(?)
    Victory for London and Kendrick

Beth vs Candice Michelle.
    I hope the 'glamazon' destroys that ring rat.

Deuce N' Domino vs M.V.P and Hardy.
    D N' D

Carlito vs HHH
    Please put Carlito over, the WWE needs legit stars, this could be an oppurtunity.

Poor card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

ec18 wrote:
    Does the weekend pass for sky sports pass expire before or after this?

Well when you use sky listings it goes into the next day after twelve,so if you look up unforgiven its monday at 1.00!
    So with that in mind sadly ill have to say it wont be on the free pass!!

They did show a brief clip of bastista in that ad and never mentioned wrestling or sd or nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Double C wrote:
    (Sh*t I feel like VR!)

End it now before you become a clone!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

-Thought Orton was gonna win the title at SS, but I think Cena will retain this time....again.

-Khali...blah

-Undertaker

Triple H vs. Carlito

-Triple H

-CM Punk

-Time for the Glamazon to get a title run!

-I have a feeling that Cade & Murdoch will retain....but I'm hoping for a Londrick win, lol

-MVP & Matt Hardy

How strange is it to see both tag titles on the line at a ppv....

How strange is it to see both tag titles on the line at a ppv....

It's great to see! Hopefully we'll get to see this more often. WWE do need more tag teams though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I'd love Orton, but John Cena is invincible these days.

Great Khali

Undertaker

Triple H vs. Carlito
    Triple H

CM Punk

Candice Michelle

Cade and Murdoch

MVP/Matt Hardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Cena to win! Should be a very good match again, but I can't see Orton winning when he's being mentioned in illegal steroid purchasing stories. I'd like to see the feud go on for a while though

Khali! I'm sure Rey will try to speed things up but just get squashed

Undertaker! I'm looking forward to this match for some reason

Triple H vs. Carlito

Triple H! Obviously, as I can't see this feud leading anywhere

Punk! Should be decent, Morrison will probably replace Burke in the title picture in two weeks though

Beth Phoenix! I haven't really watched her much on Raw, but I know she can wrestle. Might be good...

Cadenmurdoch! I'd like to see them retain and then the feud can go on a bit longer, it doesn't seem like it'd mean much if the titles changed hands now

MVP and Matt! I'd just like to see the singles title change hands between the tag partners before they lose the tag belts for once

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

It should have been Orton's time at SummerSlam, so surely it's his turn tonight..isn't it?

Khali..*sigh*

Taker! I'm looking forward to seeing this one. Purely because of Taker obviously. I don't find Henry as horrible to watch as I have in the past though, so this match should be watchable at least.

Triple H vs. Carlito

Triple H. I'd rather see these two fight in a standard match rather then this " No DQ for Carlito" stuff. Oh well. Carlito's obviously just keeping Trips occupied for this month. It's not hard to see whose next for the Game

Punk. Like everything on the new ECW it feels like we've seen this 100 times before. Since Punks there though, it'll be a good match, even if it feels like it's all been done before.

I don't really see why the vast majority of people here think Beth will win. I'd like to see Beth win too, but it's not happening tonight. WWE hasn't made all this effort to build Candice up from nothing, just to have Beth squash her on her first try. Beth may dominate the match, but Candice is going over tonight. If Beth is to beat Candice at all it'll be after their next couple of big matches. Either that or Candice moves past her to face Jillian. ( Trish vs. Jazz/ Molly/ Victoria anyone?)

This should be a solid tag team match, as has become the norm for Cade & Murdoch's PPV matches these days. It could go either way...but I'll say Cade & Murdoch will win, extending this feud.

Deuce & Domino. Afterwards Hardy & MVP continue their feud. D & D move onto the Daltons. Cherry's skills go to waste as she rolls around on skates...and nobody cares. Lol.

Wow..I that's 5 out 0f 8 matches on the card that can be predicted EASILY. I'm looking forward to seeing the show purely because I haven't seen a PPV since the GAB..which feels like ages ago. Raw Main Event aside, there's nothing I'm overly excited about seeing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Cena to win. If they didn't give it to Randy at SS I don't see why they would now

Batista to pin Rey and finally turn heel again. Just out of interest, how many times has the animal been in a main event at a PPV since losing his title?

Taker'. No-one loses their return match

Triple H vs. Carlito

Hunter because if they were going to use HHH to put someone over they'd be better than Carlito

Burke. I think they weren't planning on giving the belt to Punk for ages and were forced into it. Could see Burke winning due to interference

No interest

Londrick but I'm not too sure

Really don't think the WWE will be able to resist belittling TNA's main title by having the exact same thin happen to Matt Hardyand MVP over their 5th title. Mvp to use a finisher on Hardy and leave D'n'D to pick up win

Bubs101 wrote:
    Just out of interest, how many times has the animal been in a main event at a PPV since losing his title?

I think this must be his 9th title shot anyway. Surely losing 8 title matches has established the fact that he's not good enough?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Fozzy wrote:
    I think this must be his 9th title shot anyway. Surely losing 8 title matches has established the fact that he's not good enough?!

Wherever did you get the notion that WWE booking is logical lately :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

rossie1977 wrote:

Cena.....DISAGREE.....There's heavy rumour Orton has it.

Khali.....Agreed.

Taker.....Agreed.

Triple H vs. Carlito

Trips.....Agreed.

Punk.....Agreed.

Beth.....Agreed.

cade & Murdoch.....Agreed.

D&D.....Agreed.

So Rossie1997 is spot on for me anyhow except for Cena methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

forbesii wrote:
    :D:D:D

sorry it was a good one vr!

And you f*cking nuthuggers have the gall to call ME a f*ckin' smartass?
    Try all you want, you'll never me as annoying as me :D

VR!

• Advertisement

woooo232 wrote:
    End it now before you become a clone!:D
    Everyone wants to be just like VR!, this is too funny.

Anyway back on topic, i have little or no interest in this. I stuck around for Summerslam only to find Orton didn't get the belt, so this really isn't striking much of an interest for me. And because it's SS1, it means there won't be a repeat for days on end. It's not worth staying up til stupid o'clock to watch and it's not worth setting an alarm to wake me up to record it.

The card looks awful, and the possibility of a Cena title drop and Crippletakers return is about the only thing causing it to be of interest to a lot of people.

So i'll pass and go through some of the UFC DVDs that arrived instead :D
    VR!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

since batista came back in 2006 he has been in every ppv title match bar 2.

SummerSlam 2006: Batista v. King Booker
    No Mercy 2006: Batista v. King Booker v. Bobby Lashley v. Finlay
    Survivor Series 2006: Batista v. King Booker
    Royal Rumble 2007: Batista v. Mr. Kennedy
    WrestleMania 23: Batista v. Undertaker
    Backlash 2007: Batista v. Undertaker
    Judgment Day 2007: Batista v. Edge
    One Night Stand 2007: Batista v. Edge
    Vengeance 2007: Batista v. Edge
    Great American Bash 2007: Batista v. Khali v. Kane
    SummerSlam 2007: Batista v. Khali
    Unforgiven 2007: Batista v. Khali v. Mysterio

I found some Predictions/spoilers
    Partial Source: WrestlingObserver.com

Carlito vs. Triple H should be a strong match. Carlito will likely use weapons to get heat as he can't be DQed and it will end with a pedigree by Triple H.

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry is anyone's guess. 'Taker is going over here and he'll need to try to get a good match out of Henry.

The original SummerSlam plan was for Randy Orton to win the title. Obviously that didn't happen so they could do it tonight. They could do an angle where Cena protects his father and in doing so, screws himself out of the title would be a good way to build for a major stip match in a few weeks. We expect Orton to go over here.

C.M. Punk was expected to retain the ECW title as of last word.

Beth Phoenix is in line for a massive push and is expected to become Women's champion tonight.

MVP & Matt Hardy were set to retain the tag titles tonight as of last word. WWE management is really happy with the MVP/Hardy angle.

There will be some sort of a skit involving Hornswoggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I expect Cena/Orton to end like Shawn/Sid at Survivor Series 1996. Orton bumps Cena Snr., Cena attends to him and gets RKO'd and pinned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Only had a 10minute look at Unforgiven this morning before heading off to work to see what happened in the main matches.

From the little I saw of the Cena/Orton match, it looked very very good, and the ending to it was what i wanted it to be - Cena getting DQ'd to keep the title, and Orton getting kicked by the dad was a grat addition. Very well done imo, and will keep the fued going for another while. Nicely played WWE.

Glad Batista won the title too - don't think much of him in truth, but he is better then Khali and, imo, the best option for the title on SD! at the moment. 'Takers win, and 'belt' celebration set up the Batista vs 'Taker line nicely now - to continue on from where they left off. Should be good.

Didn't see anything else from it, but was happy with what i did see.

I liked the end to Cena Orton, even though Cena got disqualified for nothing. I'm not too mad about Last Man Standing matches but I do hold hope that it will end with Orton kicking Cena's face off. Orton fairly dropped Cena's dad on his head, that looked sore!

I'm sorry to see Khali lose (is that word I just used spelt loose or lose, I always wondered? :)), especially to big Dave. I take it HHH's words of wisdom to Batista suggest he will drop the title post haste.

I guess Taker will take the title asap so they can do whatever was planned post WM.

The Raw tag match was great, hopefully the feud will drag on.

Everything else was ordinary.

Not the best ppv WWE have put out this year

Punk and Burke were having an alright match, but there was no comeback for Punk. Maybe he just won out of nowhere to set up a rematch, but the way he wrestles would suit a heel so much more

The SD tag title match was ok from what I saw of it, wasn't paying too much attention. As I said before, I hope Matt wins the US title before they drop the tag belts, I've never seen that before

HHH had a run of the mill sort of match with Carlito. The powder spot made no sense, since HHH was still able to react as quickly as normal and hit all his moves, only to go back selling it once the match was over

The women's match was pretty good, it was a solid story they told with Beth doing very well. Candice was a little sloppy at times. The ending coming out of nowhere made a little more sense here than in the ECW title match, as Candice was a much bigger underdog. Two roll-up finishes on one show is too many for my liking though

SD title match was as good as you can expect with Khali and Batista in the ring. I enjoyed the ending sequence to it though

Raw tag title match was the best match on the show, but the crowd weren't into it for some reason. They didn't really get into anything actually, except cheering Orton. I wouldn't mind these two teams feuding til WM

Cena and Orton didn't do too well at all. Nowhere near as good as their match last month, although it seems like this was just to set up the next match. Nice having Coach announce the rematch straight away, I was expecting some sort of No DQ match, helps the whole thing make sense. Cena's da was very good with what he did. I think Cena is more of a face and his opponent is more of a heel in this feud now than during any of his other feuds, but the fans refuse to get into it it seems

Taker and Henry didn't do great either. The crowd were dead for most of this too. I'm not sure if I want to see Taker back in the title picture now... It wasn't just Henry's fault that this match was bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The PPV was not what it should have been due to a) some stupid booking decisions and b) possibly the crappest crowd of the year.

The ending to the Cena-Orton match was ridiculous. They used a PPV match to set up another PPV match? That is disgraceful. Also why was Taker-Henry on last? They should have learned from the Royal Rumble 2006 fiasco when they had Angle vs Henry as the main event and the fans started leaving early. Cena is the main event and shouldn't be getting DQ'd on a PPV.

One final note, someone must have pissed in Dave Meltzer's coffee before Unforgiven because some of his comments were bizarre to say the least:
    Cena was disqualified for not stopping punching Orton on the ropes and ref Chad Patton counted five. Shockingly, this was probably the worst title match of Cena's career including the days when he wasn't any good.

Sorry but that statement is bullsh*t. This was nowhere near the level of Cena's stinkers in 2006. Meltzer also had this to say on the Taker/Henry match:
    Nice ring entrance but terrible match. Crowd was so dead it was shocking.

Terrible? That's a silly exaggeration. The crowd was dead but Taker made it work. Bryan Alvarez's view on it was a lot more precise:
    Undertaker pinned Henry after a Last Ride off the top rope. Match was fine, but the crowd was not into this match at all.

As for Meltzer's view on the event:
    Maybe the worst PPV of the year.

Again I think Alvarez's view was more accurate:
    Thumbs in the Middle PPV.

It was not the standard that it should have been but there have been worse PPVs than this. I'd also urge WWE to avoid Memphis in future. Sh*t crowd.

Just finished watching this. I thought it was utter toss altogether. There was nothing to keep my interest whatsoever. As bad as it was, it certainly wasn't the worst of all time. In Your House 3 and 4 spring to mind as Kevin "Money" Nash draws a total of .2 and .3 buyrate in 1995. People wonder why they got the belt off him shortly after them!

Undertaker v Henry was bloody horrible though. Taker did not make it work, that match was a one move wonder, which was the finish.

Cena v Orton had a finish that was booed out of the building, but again, it certainly wasn't the worst of Cena's horrible matches.

Also one more thing, the Punk/Burke match ending was also bloody horrible. Blink and you'd miss it. I understand they need to make it out for a rematch, but they could have easily done a better job.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Alvarez was alot more damming on his audio re-cap of the show. I'm not sure I'd say it's definitely the worst ppv this year but to me its up there as 1.

My opinion would be that I'm sure glad I didn't pay 40 dollars for it. Orton/Cena needed to be quality to make or break a show like this and be on par to what they did at Summerslam. Instead you got about 8 minutes and basically a setup/angle for their next match on ppv. Like I said, I'm just a glad I didn't pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Cena and Orton was terrible. Did nothing for either of them.

The Undertaker match was ok. Both tag team matches where good.

Batista, Rey and Khali was............... anyway moving on.

Woman's championship match was passable barely.

I enjoyed HHH and Carlito.

Okish PPV. I've seen much worse.

Sorry but that statement is bullsh*t. This was nowhere near the level of Cena's stinkers in 2006.

Most of the crowd usually went home happy after Cena's title matches last year. I don't think there was anyone who was happy about his Unforgiven match, making it bad
    Terrible? That's a silly exaggeration. The crowd was dead but Taker made it work.

I don't think Taker really did make it work. There were times when he honestly looked lost. It was as if they were trying to call the match on the fly and just couldn't make it work. I guess they put this match on last because Taker's return should in theory leave people more happy than what happened in the WWE title match. And if they'd stuck the World title match on last, a title change would have been predictable since that title never headlines ppvs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    And if they'd stuck the World title match on last, a title change would have been predictable since that title never headlines ppvs

I think in hindsight it would have been a better way to finish the show. A title change may have been predictable but who winning mightn't have been. There was nothing more predictable than 'Taker beating Henry.

Again though, I can see why they avoid not putting Khali in the final match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

there was some baffling booking on that show, so punk, the new ecw champ has to use a flukey rollup to win a match? hardly making the champ look good, rollups should only be used out of desperation or when the challenger is a lot bigger ie umaga/kane type guys,or by heels

womens match was actually ok, beth is a powerhouse for a woman,candice has gotten a bit better,not victoria/mickie good but still

batista wins his 85th title shot, least the belt is off khali and hence,being held the right way up,khali is a buffoon his reaction to the 619 was hilarious

taker returns and beats henry,like we didnt see that coming, and WHY did mark henry headline a ppv in 2007?

cena gets a dq,by punching orton,weakly,as the ref stops on a 5 count, when was the last time a ref stopped a match on a 5 count?! cena should have snapped and battered orton with a chair or something, made cena look stupid and orton look like a wuss,cenas dad im convinced is made of wax,nobody can have that same expression for that long

Advertisement