Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankly appalling moderation of the conspiracy theory subforum

Options
  • 15-09-2007 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭

A list.

I was banned without explanation or reason for challenging a mod (muji) on a thread. While I acted angrily, muji was forced to reinstate me, but did not aplogoise.

Several conspiracy theorist have accused other users of the forum of being, essentially government shills, yet have not supported these claims, nevertheless these claims stay on the forum.

Neither mods has posted anything in the forum in nigh on 8 months.

I've had posts edited by a mod yet said Mod cannot remember or offer explanation for why a post was edited.

Conspiracy theorists are often allowed to hurl abuse and insults at those who disagree with them ( and recieve little or no rebuke, (Mods please, don't make me go back and support this))

I can go on Muji and Billy's moderation and indifference to this forum is shocking. Surely something must be brought to bear if Mods haven't posted for months on forums they moderator.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

You're wasting your time here. Feedback is actually controlled by miju. The admins are a complete hoax.

Diogenes wrote:
    A list.

I was banned without explanation or reason for challenging a mod (muji) on a thread. While I acted angrily, muji was forced to reinstate me, but did not aplogoise.

Several conspiracy theorist have accused other users of the forum of being, essentially government shills, yet have not supported these claims, nevertheless these claims stay on the forum.

I've had posts edited by a mod yet said Mod cannot remember or offer explanation for why a post was edited.

Conspiracy theorists are often allowed to hurl abuse and insults at those who disagree with them ( and recieve little or no rebuke, (Mods please, don't make me go back and support this))

I can go on Muji and Billy's moderation and indifference to this forum is shocking. Surely something must be brought to bear if Mods haven't posted for months on forums they moderator.
    Be careful or Miju will put the fear of god into ya!:O

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I requested to scale back on the number of forums i moderate and Conspiracy theories was one of the ones I asked to be dropped from my list. but I still seem to have modship there so I will answer.

Firstly, to claim that neither mod has posted there in eight months is a ****ing lie.

second, when was the last time you reported a post.

third, the last couple of reported posts were from Jessop1, and frankly they were retarded reports. bitching because someone disagreed with him.

You are a moany individual diogenes, and are prone to embellishing the facts in an effort to get your own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ReptilianAgenda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Diogenes wrote:
    A list.

Thanks, but I don't want to buy any sphinx cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lads - Play fair. Cut him a bit of slack on the Cat gags. Diogenes has posted an issue (valid or not - I don't know). But he's been around a while & has contributed to boards (unlike that muppet with the sphinxes) so give it a chance before you turn it into a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ok, seeing as people are already jumping in with the sarcasm, I'll tackle this one seriously.
    Diogenes wrote:

I don't think there's anything written that mods are supposed to give apologies to users once reinstated, why did you even expect one? Was one due?
    Diogenes wrote:

Did you report the posts where users made such claims?
    Diogenes wrote:

Hmm, that's definetly not good...
    Diogenes wrote:

Can you provide any examples?
    Diogenes wrote:

Again, the report post function is there for a very good reason. If there's a problem with abuse, you should report it. I don't think any mod will read every single post in the forums they moderate, so the users certainly have a responsibility.

At the risk of sounding like 6th, next time you should report the posts.
    Diogenes wrote:

I think moderators should definetly be active on the forums they mod, so if there's truth to this, and the mods aren't really bothered any more, then maybe it would be good to have new mods. I don't know, I don't read or post on conspiracy theories, so as I've said if there's truth to it, it's up to you to provide some examples of this indifference.

You're the one making accusations, burden of proof and all that.

Hill Billy wrote:
    Lads - Play fair. Cut him a bit of slack on the Cat gags. Diogenes has posted an issue (valid or not - I don't know). But he's been around a while & has contributed to boards (unlike that muppet with the sphinxes) so give it a chance before you turn it into a farce.

Second.

100px-Scruffy_(Futurama).JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Diogenes wrote:
    A list.

If mods are banning people simply for disagreeing with them is that not grounds to have the mod removed from moderation?

After all mods are human too, just because someone is a mod doesn't mean they are going to be wonderful

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Can someone provide links for review?

Mods arent required to post on the forums they mod necessaraily. Many do but some dont and do a grand job.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Wicknight wrote:
    If mods are banning people simply for disagreeing with them is that not grounds to have the mod removed from moderation?

There's a big difference between disagreeing with a mod, and challenging a mod, which was what Diogenes actually said. The way I see it is if a moderator were to issue a warning on a thread, and that's challenged/disputed by a user, it might be worth taking action on depending on how that challenge is presented. For example:
    Mod wrote:
    Ok, keep it on topic or I'm locking the thread.
    User wrote:
    **** you, who do you think you are throwing your weight around here? Piss off!

Users like so are being dicks and interfering with/undermining the running of the board, and any mod is well within their rights to eject those unharmonious characters in hasty fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Miju has a forth density. That explains everything!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

awwwwwwww poor old diogenes is looking for attention from the conspiracy forum mods again so he can feel victimised.

firstly, for what its worth the forum is read by me most days and all reported posts are checked too (think thurs was the last time a post was reported) though I no longer post there (and have said as much in the mod forum a good while ago) as the arguments by and large are silly. doesnt mean me and billy cant mod it though.

secondly, the report post button is there for a reason if you have an issue with a post use it like you've been told before.

lastly, if you wanna drag up an old argument about "mod abuse" for the sake of seeking attention go right ahead. the whole thing was resolved amiciably me and the rest of the world has moved on since then you should seriously try to as well.

BTW for anyone nosey out there (and i know theres plenty of you). this is the linky to what diogenses is STILL pissing and moaning about it some 9 months later. How long am I gonna have to wait before you bring this up again (2 1/2 years maybe ??? )

oh and in reference to
    Diogenes wrote:

I have locked threads and threatened bannings before for such behaviour. I'll refer you this this post in March of this year. Again seriously try to move on man
    Diogenes wrote:

of course debunkers also have their fair share of taking the piss out of conspiracy theorists, isn't that right diogenes (course we won't mention that was a thread already deleted by a mod that you decided to repost and got a ban threat for). if you cant take it heat then dont start the ****ing fire in the first place man
    You are a moany individual diogenes, and are prone to embellishing the facts in an effort to get your own way.

and how

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

miju wrote:
    BTW for anyone nosey out there (and i know theres plenty of you). this is the linky to what diogenses is STILL pissing and moaning about it some 9 months later. How long am I gonna have to wait before you bring this up again (2 1/2 years maybe ??? )

I remember all this stuff from months ago. You banned Diogenes because he kept hassling you to produce evidence you claimed you had on the JFK assassination.

I see you still haven't produced it so would it be fair to say that you were talking through your hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Second shooter, on the grassy knoll, with a sniper rifle.

I win at the assassinaton version of cluedo.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think it is one big conspiracy against the OP.......

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Agreed. Who wants to setup a website about it? I can provide pictures of 9/11. They aren't related, but they always add a bit more credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Who's Frank and why's he appalling?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Diogenes wrote:
    I want to be a mod, fire the current ones

Made it a little more easy to read. Just for anybody who wasn't arsed reading all the posts before me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Terry wrote:
    Second shooter, on the grassy knoll, with a sniper rifle.

I win at the assassinaton version of cluedo.

I actually lol'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i have an idea lets make Diogenes a mod for conspiracy theory forum man i'm glad i thought of that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

miju wrote:
    Lol :)

Why don't you answer Post 15?

Do you accept that you were talking through your hole?

Did you not get to finish your 30 page thesis? if not, post what you did and we'll judge it for you.

If this guy is fit to be a mod (even on the kookiest forum) there's something fundamentally wrong with Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

It's sad, so sad
    It's a sad, sad situation
    And it's getting more and more absurd
    It's sad, so sad
    Why can't we talk it over
    Oh it seems to me
    That sorry seems to be the hardest word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

miju wrote:
    awwwwwwww poor old diogenes is looking for attention from the conspiracy forum mods again so he can feel victimised.

oh and in reference to

of course debunkers also have their fair share of taking the piss out of conspiracy theorists, isn't that right diogenes (course we won't mention that was a thread already deleted by a mod that you decided to repost and got a ban threat for). if you cant take it heat then dont start the ****ing fire in the first place man

and how

The OP has an issue with your modding and the above is your way of dealing with it?

I think, miju, this http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52427415&postcount=21 is what you are referring to. :D

Anyone (nosey) will agree, I think, that there was a reasoned debate in the thread derailed by your assertions and claims of contrary evidence (working on page 18, eh), which never materialised. If this is at the root of the OP's beef, then the simple solution is to give him what he wants. Or admit you don't have it.

But I think you both need to step back and get some distance. The whole thing's really just a personality clash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You are all Saucer People!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

I would have responsed earlier to this thread. I am sorry. Unfortunately I have to deal with the sudden and unexpected death of a family member. I'd like to say I'm more than willing to reassert my accurate claims but current painful family incidents are more important.

Finally miju your banning me without reason is a matter of public record and your inabilitity to explain to your editing of my posts is recorded in my pms. I'd not feel so smug.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Diogenes wrote:
    I would have responsed earlier to this thread. I am sorry. Unfortunately I have to deal with the sudden and unexpected death of a family member. I'd like to say I'm more than willing to reassert my accurate claims but current painful family incidents are more important.

No one has said otherwise. Of course the loss of a fmily member will take precedence over anything that happens on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

miju wrote:

firstly, for what its worth the forum is read by me most days and all reported posts are checked too (think thurs was the last time a post was reported) though I no longer post there (and have said as much in the mod forum a good while ago) as the arguments by and large are silly. doesnt mean me and billy cant mod it though.

secondly, the report post button is there for a reason if you have an issue with a post use it like you've been told before.

Do you deny claiming that a post that linked to multilated children "wasted by "DUI" A post Billy later removed?
    lastly, if you wanna drag up an old argument about "mod abuse" for the sake of seeking attention go right ahead. the whole thing was resolved amiciably me and the rest of the world has moved on since then you should seriously try to as well.

You never apolgised for banning me without reason. Just because I disagreed with me. Not exactly unbiased mod behaviour.

oh and in reference to

So let me get this straight. In your mind, you made a random unsupported claim, you cannot support it, I challenge it, and point out the errors in your logic, and hey you're claiming i'm the asshole?
    I have locked threads and threatened bannings before for such behaviour. I'll refer you this this post in March of this year. Again seriously try to move on man

Yet he allows two thread accusing a former politics mod of being a disinfo agent.

and how

The irony is miju bans me without warning or definition for challenging his JFK conspiracies and then attempts to demostraste that his claims are false. I mean miju I can repost the thread where you are forced to reinstate me. Muji, do you want to be exposed as liar?

Ps. I have cp'd this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Well I know I've posted against the rubbish in the Conspiracy Theories forum and I can officially say the government own me. Yes it all started when they bought my sphincter which I had to offload cheap after being buggered by aliens. (The space redneck probing kind). Yes the NWO have got to me via my asshole it's shameful to say but true.

Sorry couldn’t help myself there. Other peoples paranoia is funny an all but you got to worry they might have access to weapons or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement