Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying clipless BOOTS and half-face pedals

Options
  • 15-09-2007 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Want to stay away from the racer look, but think if I'm going to cycle a lot 100+ miles a week, my joints will thank me in the long run if I use clipless. I don't want to buy boots without seeing, feeling and trying them on, so where am I going to get the widest choice of boots and maybe buy half-face pedals as well. I'm in the deep south-west (south westerrr doesn't give) so Munster would be first choice as far as shopping goes.

P.S. Click on pic for larger image shimanomo21kx2.th.jpg

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

If you have journey to Belfast, visit Chainreactioncylces shop in Doagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Ha, the picture above came of their site and the would buy them un-felt at €29.23, but they don't have them in a 45. Used to have a niece up there, but she's back down south now. Bit risky buying shoes without seeing them and trying them on is something I'm trying to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

how about these?
    I find them comfortable and fine to walk around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

These would be more the style that I'm after, haven't had a black pair of shoes in over 30 years.

Wish some body would give me a hint of a good bicycle shoes stockist in Munster, Cork or Limerick. I'm on the road for about 6 hours to get to Dublin by public transport, thats one way. In fact I couldn't do it in one day, would need another reason aa well for goping to Dublin.

Advertisement