Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary master hard disk fail..??

Options
  • 15-09-2007 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

:o Hello All..!! I have a problem..as you can see from the title..
    It is an old PC.. It also says that "CPU is unworkable or has been changed.Please recheck -CPU SOFT MENU" ........Any advice..??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try removing the cooler & reseating the cpu. Remember to clean the old thermal paste with acetone & apply new stuff.

You might have better luck if ya posted in comp/tech forum

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sexylou138

Thanks 4 The Help..I Will Try That...Lou

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

a bit delayed but maybe you havent find a solution yet.
    I think your motherboard is an old abit. By pressing the "Del" button you will enter in Bios. From there you must go to Soft Menu and set the fsb of your cpu. If it is celeron then set it to 66 if it is Pentium 2 set it to 100. If it pentium 3 then you have to tell me the model. After that go to Boot sequence and set your first boot device to be the hard disk you have.

If still nothing happen then tell us if you have done any changes before you faced this error.

ps.sorry for my bad english...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

unseen wrote:
    ps.sorry for my bad english...

:rolleyes: U copyin Coolaler :D Your english is'nt bad @ all

Advertisement