Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of upgrading...soon!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Very reputable company me and many others around here have bought from them, they do sell ram look harder;) . They don't have raptors but they do have every other drive. Just if you didn't know this already the new Samsung 750GB 32MB cache drives beat raptors in performance and obviously noise and capacity too.
    Edit
    They actually do have raptors, look in 2.5" Solid state disks, but like I said the samsungs are better in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

py2006 wrote:
    Hmmm, just been browsing through them. They dont have the hard drives and they dont do RAM but the other stuff is slightly cheaper.

If I got the other stuff from them I would be saving €170. My only doubt would be their reputation and if I had to return a product etc

I recommend them highly they have good customer service and the delivery is actually relativley cheap. I've ordered a few bits off them without issue. They do have ram just clik the english version button to make things easire for yourself then go pc components>>ram>>ddr2>>desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I recommend them highly they have good customer service and the delivery is actually relativley cheap. I've ordered a few bits off them without issue. They do have ram just clik the english version button to make things easire for yourself then go pc components>>ram>>ddr2>>desktop

How do you pay them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Bank Transfer. Ive done it with them it's perfectly safe. if you have online banking with AIB its easy. BOI is a little more awkward as you have to call them,BOI, during. IF you not online you go into the bank with the details and the cash and you fill out a form. I'v done both without issue.

Bank Transfer. Ive done it with them it's perfectly safe. if you have online banking with AIB its easy. BOI is a little more awkward as you have to call them,BOI, during. IF you not online you go into the bank with the details and the cash and you fill out a form. I'v done both without issue.

Yea I have online banking with AIB! Do they take long to deliver?

• Advertisement

Ok this looks like my final spec. I will probably order it first thing Monday morning! How long do Komplett normally take to deliver?

Case
    Cooler Master Mystique 631, Silver Steel

Motherboard
    ABIT IP35-E, P35, Socket-775, ATX, SATAII, GbLAN, DDR2, PCI-Ex16

Processor
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

Memory
    OCZ Gold XTC DDR2 PC6400 4096MB, CL5-5-5-15

Graphics Card
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

Sound Card
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Hard Drives
    Western Digital Raptor 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
    Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM

Operating System
    Vista Home Premium Eng 64bit

Monitor
    Samsung 22" LCD Syncmaster 226CW

Total: €1,851.01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ati 512mb 2900 pro will be out any day, its an underclocked 2900xt but should clock as high as it. Would be nearly equivalent to 640mb 8800gts & only £170uk. Worth thinkin bout

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Ati 512mb 2900 pro will be out any day, its an underclocked 2900xt but should clock as high as it. Would be nearly equivalent to 640mb 8800gts & only £170uk. Worth thinkin bout

ahhhhh more options!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tá mó head ag melted!

PogMoThoin wrote:

I notice you have a smaller raptor drive! Is it worth my while getting a smaller one instead to just install vista on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm gonna say just one thing:

XFX 8800GTX 570M €443
    XFX 8800GTX 570M €535

No brainer much? Most other components are cheaper over there too (similar differences in GFX cards like 8800GTS, about €35 cheaper) and delivery seems to be a blanket €30.

• Advertisement

And just to throw something else out there, the 8800GT will be out by the end of Nov. It's a 512MB/256bit card seated just below the 8800GTS 640, price should be sub 250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

py2006 wrote:
    I notice you have a smaller raptor drive! Is it worth my while getting a smaller one instead to just install vista on?

Naw, I've got 2 x 36gb raptors in raid 0, have had them a while, newer spinpoints are faster & way less noisy plus theyre 2 small, 36gb (or even 2 of them) is not enough. My next purchase is a spinpoint ;)

sdonn_1 wrote:
    I'm gonna say just one thing:

XFX 8800GTX 570M €443
    XFX 8800GTX 570M €535

No brainer much? Most other components are cheaper over there too (similar differences in GFX cards like 8800GTS, about €35 cheaper) and delivery seems to be a blanket €30.

Ya but I want to pay via credit card rather than taking direct from my aib current account. Plus I feel more comformatable with komplett regards delievery etc. Not really sure why though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

py2006 wrote:
    Ya but I want to pay via credit card rather than taking direct from my aib current account. Plus I feel more comformatable with komplett regards delievery etc. Not really sure why though!

Ha fair enough...you'll be needing €80 sometime though and be kicking yourself ;) Didn't know you couldn't pay by credit card on Hardwarversand though?

sdonn_1 wrote:
    Ha fair enough...you'll be needing €80 sometime though and be kicking yourself ;) Didn't know you couldn't pay by credit card on Hardwarversand though?

Yea the Germans don't like credit cards apparently!

I could get half my stuff from them and half from komplett! but I would prefer to get all delivered at same time!

ooooh overclockers.co.uk are cheaper for some stuff :P

Although 66 sterling for delivery??? jaysus

py2006 wrote:
    ooooh overclockers.co.uk are cheaper for some stuff :P

Although 66 sterling for delivery??? jaysus
    Definately wasn't near 66 last time I ordered, and I had a good lot of heavy stuff on the order. Anyway don't order from them they're b*******. And you'll pay 1.5% foreign currency charge if you pay by card on any non euro site too.

nibble wrote:
    Definately wasn't near 66 last time I ordered, and I had a good lot of heavy stuff on the order. Anyway don't order from them they're b*******. And you'll pay 1.5% foreign currency charge if you pay by card on any non euro site too.

Well I just got my case (Antec P182 special edition) from them and the rest off Komplett!

py2006 wrote:
    Well I just got my case (Antec P182 special edition) from them and the rest off Komplett!
    Nice :D.

Just got my emails saying my stuff has been shipped! Oh the excitment of it all. I feel 16 again! :p

Memory
    OCZ Gold XTC DDR2 PC6400 4096MB KIT,
    w/two 2048MB PC6400 XTC, CL5-5-5-15
    Motherboard
    ABIT IP35-E, P35, Socket-775, ATX,
    SATAII, GbLAN, DDR2, PCI-Ex16
    Graphics Card
    EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3, HDCP,
    PCI-Express, 2xDVI-I, 320bit
    Processor
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED w/fan
    Operating System
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Eng
    OEM DVD 64bit
    Hard Drive
    Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB SATA2
    16MB 7200RPM
    Sound Card
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
    Pro, 64MB, EAX ADVANCED HD
    Monitor
    Samsung 22" LCD Syncmaster 226CW,
    1680x1050, 2ms, 3000:1
    Case
    Antec P182 Special Edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Hi py,

So did you get your rig? I am thinking of upgrading too, what did the total cost come in at? (shipping cost included)

Cheers
    Scones

Sconsey wrote:
    Hi py,

So did you get your rig? I am thinking of upgrading too, what did the total cost come in at? (shipping cost included)

Cheers
    Scones

Yea all the components from Komplett arrived this morning (Thurs). I ordered them on Monday at 1.30pm which is good going.

However, I ordered the case from overclockers.co.uk and it dispatched at same time but has yet to arrive.

Minus the case I paid €1650 ish for the components! Probably a little expensive but if you minus the monitor at €399 then its not too bad. I also went for a pricey case too which wasn't completely necessary!

Advertisement