Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 email charges.

• 15-09-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals, dont know if this has been dealt with here before, but has anybody else been charged for sending emails on their 3pay phone ? I have been sending the odd video file from my 3pay mobile using the 3mail and realised that my balance was dropping rapidly.
    Called 3 only to be told that they charge for emails according to size. 10Kb = 9c right up I "think" she said 20c for anything under 50Kb, to 50c for 100Kb + and 1c for every 10Kb when you go over 500Kb. I asked why I was paying for mobile internet if I had to pay seperately for emails and asked her if there was a different internet for emails and she replied that there was lol I mean come in ffs!. I got so frustrated with the operator I was dealing with I ended up hanging up.
    I'm seriously considering dropping 3 now.
    Was I naive to even think that the data for the emails I was sending should come out of my 100mb monthly package ?
    *edit* just checked on the 3 site and the prices are listed there...
    http://www.3ireland.ie/priceplans/serviceguide-3pay.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

tallus wrote:
    Hi guys and gals, dont know if this has been dealt with here before, but has anybody else been charged for sending emails on their 3pay phone ? I have been sending the odd video file from my 3pay mobile using the 3mail and realised that my balance was dropping rapidly.
    Called 3 only to be told that they charge for emails according to size. 10Kb = 9c right up I "think" she said 20c for anything under 50Kb, to 50c for 100Kb + and 1c for every 10Kb when you go over 500Kb. I asked why I was paying for mobile internet if I had to pay seperately for emails and asked her if there was a different internet for emails and she replied that there was lol I mean come in ffs!. I got so frustrated with the operator I was dealing with I ended up hanging up.
    I'm seriously considering dropping 3 now.
    Was I naive to even think that the data for the emails I was sending should come out of my 100mb monthly package ?
    *edit* just checked on the 3 site and the prices are listed there...
    http://www.3ireland.ie/priceplans/serviceguide-3pay.htm

Unfortunately you should have checked the price list for emails before using the service. The email client in the phone is a whole different service from the add-on at it has its own tariff in the 3pay price list, even though it would be more convenient if it was taken out of the mobile BB allowance, but in some sense it would be unfair to the rest of the customers who not signed up for the mobile BB, that the email service should be free.

If you want to send free emails with attachments - well Gmail Mobile java app doesnt do it, but will try to find some other java app that does it. In the meantime, have a look at getjar.com, there might be something there.

3 is very tricky with putting up the pricing on the website, eg it's not wholly clear whether it's even free to _receive_ emails on the phone. Also I couldnt find the pricing for 118xxx service, lo-call, national rate and local rate numbers, 15xx numbers etc etc. Totally unacceptable that you have to call them to get this information - or chat with them to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Cheers Flodis79 and I agree with you, I should have checked on the site. Rest assured I wont be using 3mail again, and thanks for the getjar.com site, will check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Yeah unfortunately an email is separate to the data allowance the same way a picture message is. When you think about it, you wouldn't expect a picture message to come out of the allowance even though its just another way of sending data

Advertisement