Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running CHKDSK On Remote Machine...

• 15-09-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've to run CHKDSK on an NTFS volume on Win2K Server box this afternoon.

Unfortunately, I've to run it remotely (i.e. RDP into the server, set chkdsk to run on next startup, reboot the server and hope!). My concern is that when it runs upon the reboot, it's going to be prompting for input, e.g.

Convert lost files to chains? (y/n)

And obviously, I won't be physically at the box to answer it. We don't have any KVMs in place, so I don't have that option.

Can anyone help out with feeding the correct parameters to chkdsk before I "run on next reboot" please? Also, I'd like to log the output, but I'm presuming I can just pipe it, as it were, using >> chkdsk_150907.log

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

For those curious, I went ahead and ran:
    chkdsk c: /f /r /i

Doesn't explicitly solve my "no input" problem, but the logs are written as "Winlogon" entries in the Event Viewer. Ran that command on my own desktop here as a test, and it appears to be doing it's thing by itself.

Fingers crossed! ;)

Advertisement