Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

newaddress.ie

Options
  • 15-09-2007 1:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone used this site before? I was filling in the form to change my address with BOI and noticed they had this link on the form.

Went to it and you can apparently change you address listed for motor tax and drivers licence.

I'm mainly concerned about the drivers license, do they just send you out a new one with you updated address? I thought they'd need new photos etc?

Anyway, if anyone has any idea let me know... Tis a great idea for a website!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Eh no, they dont. You only get an updated address when you are renewing and you tell them what your new address is. Hence this service is pretty pointless for what you are looking for from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

More than your licence, you should be concerned about fines, penalty points and summonses being sent to your old address, and not finding out about them until the cops arrive with a committal warrant for non-payment of fines. :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

my old address is my parents place... So i'll still get my mail

Advertisement