Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 - Can't connect to PC

• 15-09-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Finally got my hands on one of these 'bad boys' :), but unfortunately I can't connect it to my PC. I uninstalled my old Nokia PC Suite (thought this may be the problem) and installed version that came with N95, plugged in USB cable and tried to connect it, I've tried using mass storage mode and PC suite mode but no joy :(.......i'm obviously missing something simple !!

All help welcome

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

are you connected to the internet so that windows can get the drivers that it might need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Thanks for the quick reply. I am connected, when windows searchs it doesn't find any...(I just presumed the drivers would be installed when I installed Nseries software)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Cheers Hal1, just checked....cable driver is already installed on PC

Update : I've downloaded new driver, but I can't install it as the old version cannot be uninstalled,tried via Add/remove programs but get following error "the feature you are trying to use is on a network source that is unavailable"....I select path where nokia_connectivity_cable.msi should be located ie C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6 but it's not there :(, anyone with knowledge of Regfixs please :)

Help !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I know you mentioned selecting mass storage mode earlier, but to clarify, did you select this on the phone when it plugged in? An option should appear on it.

Got it sorted SDoom, thanks.

It seems to be a very common problem with Nokia PC suite. The old driver, which cannot be removed by add/remove programs, inhibits the installation of new driver. For anyone experiencing the same problem 'solution tool' is HERE

Does it say remove from device manager?

edit: quick glance and no mention, you might have to remove it from there happened me before and thats what I done.

Hal1, the problem was with the driver, unlike other windows based software, the new driver didn't install over the old one, and when I tried to uninstall it..........I couldn't. I used above tool to uninstall old driver and then was able to install new one..........all's goods:D

( all i need now is a tool now to improve the battery life !! 6hrs and had to charge it again :( )

Glad to be of service :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement