Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant instal w xp

• 15-09-2007 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi ,

I desperately need advise...I bought quad+ abit ip 35 mobo , so yesterday decided to format my hard drive. After formatting both partitions , plugged it to new mobo and now I cant install windows:( , I set firs booting device to my dvd rom , and after pressing any key comes up message-NTLDR is missing .....

Any advise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

So you formatted your old HDD and put it into your new build?

Is your DVD drive being detected by the BIOS? If you're getting the "NTLDR not found" message, then it's booting off the hard drive.

Also, make sure you're using a good Windows CD, i.e. not scratched or damaged in any way. You should see the "Press any key to boot from CD" when booting from the Windows CD unless it can't detect any other OS, in which case it boots the CD without prompting you to press a key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I had this problem before.. was using a pirate version of windows though... if it is pirate just try another or get a legit one... I shouldnt be even saying this..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

1st thing-I'm using a original W xp setup disk(to be honest tried to off them ).
    Ethernet - yes I formatted my old HDD and put it into your new build , i can see my hdd in bios and its set as a primary booting devise....

dazftw-how did you solved it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

ricka05 wrote:
    1st thing-I'm using a original W xp setup disk(to be honest tried to off them ).
    Ethernet - yes I formatted my old HDD and put it into your new build , i can see my hdd in bios and its set as a primary booting devise....

have you ever booted an OS on this mb since you bought it??

1) it could be a read error from the cd....

you say your using a genuine disk, maybe try a different cd drive, or reseating the cables to the one you have

2) it could be (very) bad ram

try reseating your memory, download ultimate boot cd and see if it will boot, then try its memtest for half an hour see if you get any messages in red

Well i downloaded WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU
    it creates 6 floppy drives and should sort me out...but after 1st phase (press f6 if you wont install some sh..drivers? ) my keyboard stops responding...
    I tried cmos - no luck so far...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ricka05 wrote:

I downloading another copy... lol sorry im no help.. wee bit drunk..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

problem nb2 -looks like its faulty keyboard input ....
    Can i use USB conection when instaling windows?

Well finally-got it sorted....it was some BIOS option-Holt on:confused:
    If it enabled and you have any errors in setup ,it puts on halt all outputs and keyboard as well.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Should be possible, just make sure booting from a usb imput device is allowed in the bios, alternative is to buy a usb -> PS/2 converter and see if that helps, I btw have a usb cordless set but I use PS/2 connectors with it!

Nick

Edit: Glad it sorted out m8 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

glad you got it sorted,

the keyboard what the first thing i though of, but when i re-read your post you mentioned you got into bios, so i assumed it had to be working

every day is a school day

• Advertisement

.......every day is a school day.....The right words ........It was getting really annoying cos the build wasn't mine , it was for my friend....and it took whole afternoon to sort it out......

Well , thanks everyone for replays....

P.S
    dazftw:
    You should NOT be drinking in such a early afternoon...:eek:

Advertisement