Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400W fortron enough for 8600gts ?

Options
  • 15-09-2007 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Got a refund for my old board, cpu and gfx card so getting new ones but i only have a 400W fortron and wonder if its enough. I read some thread saying the 8600gts needs at least 450. Also getting an intel e4400 core 2 duo.

Would a 400W fortron be enough to run them well or would i need a new PSU?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I'd say you will get away with it. If you notice any problems such as the system crashing when playing games then that is a likely sign the PSU wasn't up to the job but if you don't then your okay.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I was using a 320mb 8800GTS on a Tagan 420W PSU and it worked fine! No crashes, slowdowns expierienced, you should be ok with the 8600gts, but then again only if the PSU has enough power for it (Better PSU brands = better chance), the GTS 8600 requires extra power plugged in via PCIe 6 pin power but I think you'll get away with it ;)

Nick

Advertisement