Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Semi Formal

• 15-09-2007 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about this. Going to a friends 21st tonight, and he says dress code is semi formal. It's a dinner in a marquee at his house before heading into town. So what the hell is appropriate semi-formal? Shirt & Tie, or will just a jacket suffice?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Shirt no tie would be my guess. Shoes not runners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I've seen semi-formal mean a huge number of things. I'd wear a suit and tie, then if needs be the tie could be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having, in that I can't seem to get a clear definition anywhere. Sigh. It doesn't help that he only sprung this dress code on me last night, leaving me with no time to go out and buy anything appropriate. Have to make do with my dated wardrobe! Cheers for the input anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gwenivere

Wear pants (not jeans) and a smart shirt and shoes (not runners) if u turn up in a suit u'll look like a tool. I'd leave the tie out aswell. You can wear a regular jacket over it then and you're set. Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Good pair of jeans, actual shoes, suit jacket, and some quirky band tee underneath- can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement