Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Acceptable Price on 06 Corolla 1.4D4D

Options
  • 15-09-2007 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what would be an acceptable price for a 06 Toyota Corrola D4D.

There are about 40000 Kms on the clock, and full service history.

Reluctantly selling as new job has given me a company car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They seem to hold their value quite well as demand is very strong. Always popular with taxi drivers.

In a private sale I reckon you could get about around €3,000/€3,500 less than what it cost you new, depending on condition of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

www.carzone.ie/usedcars

they are around 33k new aren't they???

Prob 25k??

Look it up!

S

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

slumped wrote:
    www.carzone.ie/usedcars

they are around 33k new aren't they???

Prob 25k??

Look it up!

S

Are you thinking of the avensis? Corrollas only go up to about €25k new.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote:
    They seem to hold their value quite well as demand is very strong. Always popular with taxi drivers.

In a private sale I reckon you could get about around €3,000/€3,500 less than what it cost you new, depending on condition of course.

Not even close bazz.

It's worth just over €16k* retail, and probably €1500 less on a private sale.

*Revenue VRT valuation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Not even close bazz.

*Revenue VRT valuation.

I think that the Revenue are way off on that, despite the fact that its supposed to be based on the average actual selling price of the model. You'd struggle to buy a petrol model for that and given that it's an average it implies that some cars go even cheaper. OP hasn't said what model it is but assuming that its a Terra in good nick I'd hazard a guess at 18.5k private for a quick sale. Price it as high as you reckon that it'll still be attractive at - demand for these cars is surprisingly high, as Bazz says, and values are stronger in percentage terms than the equivalent Focus or Leon etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not even close bazz.

*Revenue VRT valuation.

Henry, honestly if you can find me a 2006 one of these for €16k please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Its actually the Strata model, and its good condition.

thanks for the feedback guys

Advertisement