Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW have lost the plot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

its a crossover all right

a cross over between Mercedes and Audi
    The rear light is pure mercedes

on the goodside at least the alloy centre has the bmw logo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought Porsche Cayenne, maybe they ripped off Ssangyong too!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

my god that is one ugly fother mucker, really truely ugly

thing is though, muppets will still buy it, if only for the sole reason that its BMW :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Looks are secondary to most BMW buyers. How well its drives is also down the priority list. This is highly apparent when the vast majority of bmws sold here are 1.6 or 1.9.

If a Actyon had a BMW badge it would have sold much more units regardless of looks or build quality.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I'm a big BMW fan. But that thing is just hideous. How many 4x4 models to they need across their range anyay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote:
    I thought Porsche Cayenne, maybe they ripped off Ssangyong too!

Mike.

Yeah the Cayenne was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pic of the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Perhaps ye're all seeing something different to me, because the X6 looks fantastic to me. It looks like a BMW, something I haven't been able to say in years. BMW have churned out awful looking cars in recent times; the E60/61 5 series, the 6 series which is based on the 5 series, the even worse looking Z4 and X3, and the mother and father of hideous BMWs the 7 series.

BMW have gone back to their good old ways, first with the current 3 series, then the new X5, and now this X6. It seems to me like the worst years of BMW are finally coming to an end.

And Peasant, the Ssangyong reminds me of those badly done Ferrari replicas, it looks like one at 100 yards blurred, but get closer and closer and its nothing like the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

VeVeX wrote:
    This is highly apparent when the vast majority of bmws sold here are 1.6 or 1.9.
    Isn't that because of our tax system?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tuxy wrote:
    Isn't that because of our tax system?

The tax system is only an issue if your a cheap fooker.

I wear my €821 tax disc as a badge of honour:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

E92 wrote:
    BMW have gone back to their good old ways,
    :eek:

Whatever you're drinking, smoking or injecting ...can I have some too?

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think it looks pretty good. Any comparisons of it looking like the Porsche must be coming from blind people.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

BMW should stick to what they do best, make very good sport saloon and coupe cars.

These crossover yokes, SUVs, etc seem to me like nothing more than mass market aspirations with a "Something for everyone" policy. MB are the same, they have more models now than ever, alot of them pointless. Auid seem to be heading in the same direction. I didn't think BMW needed to go down that road myself.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

BMW like all other manufacturers are in it for the money and nothing else. If people wouldnt buy their models then they wouldn't be built.
    Personally I think that looks like a pile of crap but I have no objection to someone wanting to spend their money on one. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Don't like it myself, but from looking on some US forums, they adore it - so it'll make BMW a fortune no doubt, and if making bundles of cash as one of the few independent car manufacturers left is losing the plot - then I'm sure they'll happily continue in the same vein.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yeees ..they all seem to be at it.

Why? A SUV-coupe? That's the summit of sheer and utter pointlessness

Audi
    OB-AJ617_chinas_20070420141402.jpg

Hyundai
    hyundai_hcd9_talus_concept_2006_03.jpg

VW
    vw-concepta4890.jpg

Chevrolet
    t2x_2.jpg

Infinity
    ex-01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

I think it looks excellent and the rear lights look like an evolution of the 3 series coupe.

I am sure that the car will also drive excellently, just like every other BMW.

It is also designed as a 4 seater - obviously there is a market out there.

As for comparing it to the Actyon - sorry, I just don't get it, is it because the roof line drops away at the rear???

Do you compare all things that way?? going on that then all women look the same :p

Just my opinion!!

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

kdevitt wrote:
    Don't like it myself, but from looking on some US forums, they adore it - so it'll make BMW a fortune no doubt, and if making bundles of cash as one of the few independent car manufacturers left is losing the plot - then I'm sure they'll happily continue in the same vein.

This from a nation that 'adored' the Aztec too.......but didn't actually buy it, either........ http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000321.html

...at which stage do we begin to say 'BMW - makers of odd and weird cars as the norm', all the references to 'good' ones, are now going back more than a few years............

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

galwaytt wrote:
    This from a nation that 'adored' the Aztec too.......but didn't actually buy it, either........ http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000321.html

...at which stage do we begin to say 'BMW - makers of odd and weird cars as the norm', all the references to 'good' ones, are now going back more than a few years............

Go back a few years to when you were in school - BMW announced an SUV, the X5 - got the same neg feedback initially, and its hardly been a failure.

It won't go into production if it won't shift. BMW dont make bad cars, whether you approve of the styling is up to yourself.

Advertisement