Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let.ie

Options
  • 15-09-2007 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I signed up to the sight looking for a apartment in the dublin 14, 16 area.

today i received a email from a 'susan' claiming to have a apartment for let for only 450euro!

yeah right..

i kept emailing seeing if i could get more out of them but only a fake address for their lawyer in manchester,london!!??

How did they get the info from the site that i was looking for a place in d14/16?

ive emailed Let.ie but obviously wont hear from them until monday.

Is this common, has it happened to anyone else?

oh yeah..anyone know anwhere to rent in d14/16..thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

I have gotten plenty of scam emails. They show you fake photos and ask for a deposit and have no creds. be wary.

If it feels fishy, it probably is.

Wez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

There would appear to be several scams operating on this site. Got a reply from a supposed Irish native, whose standard of English wouldn't have reached Senior Infants, offering what looked ( in photos ) like the Penthouse suite in the Hilton, for €400 per month. Unfortunately he was working abroad at the moment and wasn't available to show the apartment, however if I lodged a deposit plus a month's rent in a bank account he would send me the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I think there was a well publicised case of this type of scam last year where a few people had put deposits down on an apartment in Shelbourne Road only to find out too late that it was a hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I was flat hunting earlier this year and saw two of these sort of ads, offering city centre flats for a very cheap price. I emailed the advertiser out of curiosity, and sure enough got a reply from a Nigerian IP address.

I reported this to let.ie, forwarded them the mails with the headers, and got a mail saying they would investigate, but the ads were still up there for weeks afterwards. let.ie don't care if you get ripped off. daft.ie are far more pro-active about this sort of thing.

Advertisement