Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential infertility after cancer.

• 15-09-2007 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

Hi,

when I was diagnosed last October I was told that if I had my eggs frozen I probably would not be around to have them so I decided to go ahead with the chemo. I was far more upset about this than I was about getting diagnosed, though it could have been worse, before I was diagnosed we were trying for a baby. I had Taxotere, Cisplatin and 5fu. Has anyone had children after this mix of chemo (in particular the Cisplatin)? I did also have Zolodex to try and save my ovaries. My cousin is 3 months pregnant and I am very broody. The thing is that my time of the month is not back and it is almost 10 months since I finshed chemo. Does anyone know how long, if ever, it takes to get back to normal after chemo. I spent half the afternoon crying over not being able to have a child.

Advertisement