Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Money

Options
  • 15-09-2007 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭

Has anyone read this yet? Any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Not yet, it is on my pile of new books. Am just getting through the Brightonomicon atm, is heavy going but there is some fun bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

This isnt out yet is it? I thought it was october.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

This isnt out yet is it? I thought it was october.

Its out 20th September according to Play.com:
    http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3437109/Making-Money/Product.html

20th of september Wooyay! Thought i was going to have to wait ages for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Went looking for it in all my local bookshops today, was told in one that they were expecting it today but it hadn't arrived :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gweedo

I'm on holiday in england atm, got it the day after it came out. Slowly reading it, only halfway through the second chapter atm, but it's setting out to be a good one. Classic Pratchett, easy to see how he has developed his charachters and own sense of writing so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Stil can't get it in Sligo. According to one bookshop Easons didn't get it (that's who supplies them). Is that true? Has anyone heard the reasons behind this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah. I was in easons on o connel st today and they hadn't got it, so I went to chapters on parnell and they had a few copies left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, just about finished it... it was good..I think I only laughed two or three times, but it was a very enjoyable read.
    the bit I laughed hardest at was at the beginning, where he moves the chair and opens the door for the cat, then resets the alarm.. loved it

I was a little dissapointed with this to be honest. I felt it was a bit of a lazy effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

yeah, it felt like a tired rehash of Going Postal, plus the villain was pretty crap, so there was no real antagonist to Moist. This better not turn into a identical franchise of Moist running the tax service (alluded to...), underground service etc.

The golem thing seemed thrown in out of nowhere, then ditched again. I didn't really get why giving every other city the secret of controlling them would ensure peace, unless it was a kind of mutually ensured destruction thing?

some good elements, but one of his poorer books

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

An enjoyable read but nothing special... the last third of the book ust seemed really rushed to me or something.

Still bad terry is better than alot of other authors good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Quondam

Not one of his greatest efforts. Had all the elements for a great but he didn't seem to tie them all together. The golems only really existed as a deus ex ending really.

Advertisement