Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pole Dancing classes?

Options
  • 15-09-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭

Hmm. Not sure which way this thread will go, if people even reply to it ;)

I've been trying to find out if there's any pole-dancing lessons available in Cork. I've had a look at polestars.ie but there's nothing there about Cork, site seems a bit dead. Google seems to be failing me too. Basically I've been looking for something fun and exercise-related to do this winter and I've heard great things about pole dancing and want to give it a go!

So, does anyone know if they're available anywhere in the city this year? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

As far as i know it is not available in Cork city yet. Unfortunately. Myself and a few mates wanted to do it as well.
    there are plenty of classes in Dublin asik. The polestars website i think has a place where you can request classes, i think, and then hope for the best.. i can't look at it now as i'm on a work comp.
    But if you do find any more info other than what i have, which isn't a lot, do pass it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Will do. Yeah, I had a look at the polestars website but it appears the last cork request thread was updated in 2006? Kind of disheartening really. I'll keep looking anyway, haven't found anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

my mate was telling me there is a lady doing lessons near shandon street, and as far as i know she is booked up for months,i will enquire for details for you

ohh excellent, will be keeping an eye on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

my mate was telling me there is a lady doing lessons near shandon street, and as far as i know she is booked up for months,i will enquire for details for you

That's awesome, even if she's booked up it'd be great to find out who is doing these.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

There is a company called polestars.ie based in Dublin or Carlow and I think they might be doing some classes in Cork. I contacted them before for a hen party becasue they do classes for groups of about a dozen people.

JaneHudson wrote:
    There is a company called polestars.ie based in Dublin or Carlow and I think they might be doing some classes in Cork. I contacted them before for a hen party becasue they do classes for groups of about a dozen people.

Yes Polestars was mentioned in the orignial post.

When you contacted them for the hen party what was the result of the enquiry?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Foxy P.Cox wrote: »
    For anyone enquiring I teach pole fitness and dance in mahon - fully insured and vertical dance instructor qualifications :-) my number is 086-0655266 or check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foxy-PCox/123776707660315

Just to let you know posting ads is against the charter, especially opening a six year old thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Foxy P.Cox

i wasn't posting an ad but answering an enquiry as i was looking on here for advanced classes myself and it popped up - i personally know how hard it is to find any pole classes going on in the city even still now, which is why i answered it but will happily delete it. if you noticed i have not placed a thread or otherwise advertising myself - i don't need to thank you very much but was trying to let people know but thank you for your concern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Thanks for posting that foxy, I was considering doing a class so might check out on Facebook.

• Advertisement
Advertisement