Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the lenth of the racecourse

Options
  • 15-09-2007 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

iv been running a lot up at the racecourse just wondering whats the lenth of the track

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Prob better ask the chaps in the Horse Racing forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=389

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

Hi Biko, You are right it never ceases to amaze me the amount of ppl that post without ( evidently ) doing even a tiny bit of reseach before hand .. then again at times some-thing enters the mind and we just post the question.. thank fck this is no longer a hanging offence ( I dreamed it was punishable by haqnging recently :D

cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Too fvcking long for the majority of horses i back up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

two of mine are still running.... and that was race week!! hope they don't impede current races ( smells the faint odour of horse glue )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Too long for most of the ones I back too! :D

OP think its a mile and 2 furlongs (1.25 miles) but don't quote me on that!

• Advertisement

GalwayGuy, Tip I got was like that " sure thing but don't quote me on that" she came in "about" first but,:confused: in the race after she took off from the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

It might sound like a silly answer but the track it self can be different lenghts from finishing post right around to finishing post, because up to 3 temporary rails can be put up for the horses. The only proper boundry is the Timber one on the inside and the horses don't run right against that one.

If you are interested in the lenght of the track for people to go jogging/running; you are not allowed to run on the inside of the track. If John Maloney catches you running on the inside he will throw you out and he won't allow you back. People use to be allowed to run the outside part alright but I haven't been up there running in over a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Can anybody run up there? Where does one go in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Too long for most of the ones I back too! :D

OP think its a mile and 2 furlongs (1.25 miles) but don't quote me on that!

Exactly correct, that's the distance. I saw that a racecard once, don't ask me to provide a link though. But thats along the inside railing

Last time, I was on it I had my ipod pedometer and that has 1.49 miles. It's supposed it be 95% accurate. We'll call it 1.5 miles and that's going around the outside.
    Sounds about right

And jog clockwise, only wimps jog down the hill :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

micmclo wrote:
    Exactly correct, that's the distance. I saw that a racecard once, don't ask me to provide a link though. But thats along the inside railing

Last time, I was on it I had my ipod pedometer and that has 1.49 miles. It's supposed it be 95% accurate. We'll call it 1.5 miles and that's going around the outside.
    Sounds about right

And jog clockwise, only wimps jog down the hill :cool:
    provide a link!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

you can go in from the back of the racecourse. go up towards medtronic turn at the spar just follow the road down
    or just hop the fence down near the main gate

thanks for the help great to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

can we charge money to watch a pregnant woman run around a race course?

Was that supposed to be funny? Cos it's not! I still run 6 miles a day...more than you I'd imagine!

Was that supposed to be funny? Cos it's not! I still run 6 miles a day...more than you I'd imagine!

why would you run if your pregnant?? your unlikely to lose weight.

im not going to mean but someone will be id say

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

why would you run if your pregnant?? your unlikely to lose weight.

im not going to mean but someone will be id say

Ummm, ever hear of keeping fit? Running isn't about losing weight. Healthy heart, aerobic fitness, etc.... so what if she's pregnant? Pregnant women can keep fit too you know...

It's about keeping fit!!! I'm not out to lose weight but I pride myself on my level of fitness so why would I let that go? I've no doubt my baby will be happy I kept myself fit & well for when he/she arrives!

It's about keeping fit!!! I'm not out to lose weight but I pride myself on my level of fitness so why would I let that go? I've no doubt my baby will be happy I kept myself fit & well for when he/she arrives!

fair enough each to their own its just something that i think is probably an unnecessary risk that said im not a doctor or a woman so i dont know. as for the whole waight loss thing i was taking the piss i know why i run and its not to loss weight;)

Advertisement