Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia control panel

• 15-09-2007 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

hey guys, question bout overclockin my grfx card. i use nvidia control panel (version 162.18) to up the frequencies on my grfx card using performance->adjust cpu setting. i up the core bus and memory bus to 600 and 980 recpectivly, it runs fine, it passes the built in test, it runs the stability test, 3dmark 06, games, etc. no problems (the overclock even does its job nicely) but it randomly resets itself to factory settings when i restart the system. anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

its a point of view 8800gts 320mb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

It's not applying the overclocked settings on boot, you'll have to find an option somewhere that reads something to the effect "apply setting on windows start". I've never used nv control panel to overclock so idk exactly.
    If your sure your overclock is 100% stable, flash the card with a modded bios. You'll need nibitor to read and edit the bios and nvflash to flash the modified bios to the card. This will make your card overclocked from the box basically, no software will be needed to apply settings etc. It can be a bit more stable than overclocking through a driver too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You need to save your settings in a profile and apply it at start up otherwise its a one off thing.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

hmmm...option B sounds a hul-of-alot easier, so i think ill try that one, thanks nibble, but that sounds just about as easy as trying to teach someone thermodynamics in 1 lecture.....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

hmmm...option B sounds a hul-of-alot easier, so i think ill try that one, thanks nibble, but that sounds just about as easy as trying to teach someone thermodynamics in 1 lecture.....:eek:
    It's simple really, just download nibitor and run it, click read bios, key in your overclocks, click save bios, download nvflash, put nvflash plus edited bios on bootable floppy, reboot into a dos shell (from the floppy) type nvflash xxxx.xxx(name of saved bios) wait... and done! Enjoy your overclocked GFX goodness, without the need to use nvcrappanel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I use ATI tool to check the higest core and memory I can overclock it and then apply it in rivatuner...

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement