Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any vet open Sundays?

Options
  • 15-09-2007 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Poor dog has a bit of an emegency, seems to have got something in his eye, keeps rubbing at it and looks like it very irritated.

Anyone got any suggestions, or does anyone know of a vet that is open on Sundays. I am in Co. Meath.

Thanks in advance.

Gav.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

http://www.anicare.ie/about_us.html#botanic

My local vet open tomorrow. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

I don't know if this would be suitable or easy to do with a dog but if you cut an onion in half and hold it under your dogs eye until the eye starts to water it will flush out any dust or grit that might be present.

What actually happens is the tear glands produce tears to dilute and flush out the irritant which is the onions enzymes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gavlong

Thanks for that, I'll keep that vet's site on record for next time. Don't know about the onion, it does sound plausible but hard to get a dog to sit still for it maybe.

Anyway, it seems to have worked itself out, he is fine this morning. We probably worry about him a little too much, but how could you not when he is this cute:
    www.buddy.gavlong.com

Thanks again,
    Gav.

Advertisement