Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after hours

Options
  • 15-09-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

i#ve been banned from after hours due to a mod assuming i was opting out.
    which was not the case I was making a valid point that most of the posters were morons and posting idiotic stuff. case in point the maddie mcann threads.

banning me cos i think they are morons (and expressing this) is harsh and an abuse of position.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Triple H called.
    He wrote down a message for you somewhere.
    Down where?
    Down there
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    Suck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You referred to "most" people on After Hours as "degenerates". Cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

banning me cos i think they are morons (and expressing this) is harsh and an abuse of position.

Eh, no it's not. You were trolling the forum by insulting people in a bid to wind them up. Which if you read the charter, you would see this is against the rules.

+1 for cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On the one hand, but on the other.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Btw, KoK. There is no free speech on boards.
    It's a privately owned site and you are a guest.
    Abide by the rules of the site and you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

cat.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

lolcat_scream.jpg

AH Charter wrote:
    Making the natives restless
    - This is a catch-all rule for general trolling, bitching and similar. Certain posters have an ability to piss off large quanties of regulars on here. If a moderator feels that said poster is doing this intentionally or is the cause of the mess, then the poster can and will be banned. If this poster was being goaded by others, then they'll be the ones getting banned. This rule will hopefully put an end to the bitching going on in here of late.
    AH Charter wrote:
    Personal Abuse
    - Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a moderator feels it is warranted. There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned. Calling someone an idiot is abuse. Don't attack the poster, attack the post. Posting PM's publicly without consent could be met with harsh consequences, especially if they do not have any place in the discussion.

And finally:
    AH Charter wrote:
    The Golden Rule:
    There is no free speech!
    -This is a privately owned website. You do not have the right to say whatever you want on here. You are expected to obey the rules just like anyone else. Not following the rules will get you banned. It is very simple. You are allowed to discuss anything as long as it doesn't break the following rules.

I personally feel the thread should be moved to the thunderdome, but it would just end up being hi-jacked by the usual suspects.

Your ban will stay though, because you have proven you are unable to critize the posts of others without resorting to personal abuse.

/stunner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Not banning you because you expressed the opinion that they are morons would, since that is clearly against the rules, an abuse of position.

Of course since there is no such rule about AH in this forum I can say that yes, I do indeed agree with you that the majority of people in AH are morons. That's not the point though, it's against the rules to say that in AH.

Now, if you thought that that rule shouldn't be there, then that would be Feedback (being the thing this forum is allegedly for). Moaning about your being banned for breaking a rule that was put in front of you in black and white, isn't, that's just pointing out your own act of stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

The majority of people in After Hours are morons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Not true, even clever people say stupid things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Boston wrote:

QFT.

The real saddos are the ones who can only express themselves with piccies of pussy.

The majority of people in After Hours are morons.
    The majority of people on the planet are morons.
    Unfortunately I cannot (at this time) ban you from the planet.
    I can ban you from AH though.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and enjoy the other 900, completely moron-free, forums on this site.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Boston wrote:

You must be a genius Boston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

wow. Even calling someone a moron these days is banannable.

:confused: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

copacetic wrote:
    You must be a genius Boston.

I like to think of is as being smarter then the majority.

Indeed it is.

If you have a problem with that, take it up in fe...

Wait. We're already there. What's your problem and how can we help you with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Boston wrote:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Go to Fedeedback :D

Boston wrote:

Definitely. If the smarter you are the more stupid things you say, you are smarter than the rest of us put together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Is it against the charter to call someone who jumps in front of a moving train a retard for doing so?

Terry wrote:
    Indeed it is.

If you have a problem with that, take it up in fe...

Wait. We're already there. What's your problem and how can we help you with it?

I don't have a problem with it. I was just speaking my tiny little mind. Still not sure if it is boards wide or just AH.

Thank you for taking the time out to post though. Appreciated.

Really. Even my mother says thanks.

Anyone else feel they are above most of the regular posters in AH?
    I'll be quite happy to ban you.
    Just let me know in this thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Terry wrote:

How about a thread like this in AH.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=274366

Terry wrote:

i anyone doesn't feel they are above most of the regular posters on AH would that not be a better reason to ban them?

I don't have a problem with it. I was just speaking my tiny little mind. Still not sure if it is boards wide or just AH.

Thank you for taking the time out to post though. Appreciated.

Really. Even my mother says thanks.
    Your mother will be quite pleased to know that she will no longer be constantly mentioned.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53864771&postcount=8
    Binomate wrote:
    Is it against the charter to call someone who jumps in front of a moving train a retard for doing so?
    Decorum would call for you not to do something like that in the first place.
    However, should you post something like that, it will be deleted.
    Posting it a third time, after the first two posts have been deleted will result in a ban. Of course, you already know that.

Nah.
    Amp is being lenient with that one, if you ask me.
    copacetic wrote:
    i anyone doesn't feel they are above most of the regular posters on AH would that not be a better reason to ban them?
    I don't see low self esteem as a bannable offence.

Terry wrote:
    Your mother will be quite pleased to know that she will no longer be constantly mentioned.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53864771&postcount=8

Decorum would call for you not to do something like that in the first place.
    However, should you post something like that, it will be deleted.
    Posting it a third time, after the first two posts have been deleted will result in a ban. Of course, you already know that.

I think you are confusing my mother with the phrase "yore'ma"

They are not really connected Terrence.

Thank you for posting again though. Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Terry wrote:

Meeeee!

Aw shaggit, I'm already banned. :(

You could unban me first. :)

Seriously, OP, you insulted nearly everybody on AH. I got banned for calling someone an asshole (who has himself since been banned (and should have been at least reprimanded (for the post that provoked my reaction)). So you've nowt to whinge about. Take it to feedback :cool: )

P.S. Are there enough parentheses up there? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

i#ve been banned from after hours due to a mod assuming i was opting out.
    which was not the case I was making a valid point that most of the posters were morons and posting idiotic stuff. case in point the maddie mcann threads.

If you think so badly of it, why would you care? Shouldn't a ban be a badge of honour for you?

Can you give a good reason to the moderators as to why you should be there, or what the forum is missing by your absence?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement