Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after hours

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

BuffyBot wrote:
    or what the forum is missing by your absence?

A village idiot perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Looks like your outnumbered

189788820.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Slow coach wrote:
    P.S. Are there enough parentheses up there? :D

No. You missed one here:
    So you've nowt to whinge about. (Take it to feedback :cool: )
    Thank you for posting again though. Appreciated.
    You're welcome.

I've noticed a few people here, who frequent AH, calling the majority of posters there morons.
    You do of course realise that you don't have to read it, don't you?

This is something which regularly pops up and it never fails to amuse me.
    It's always the same few people harping on about how crappy it is and commenting on how they are so much above the AH regulars. Yet these are the same people who continually participate in threads on AH.

Being that AH is the forum here with the most traffic, you are essentially insulting the majority of boards users.
    If you're happy enough doing that, then so be it.
    I just think you are complete ****, with your heads stuck so far up your own arses that you haven't seen daylight since that first day in uni.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Would I get banned for abusing myself*?

* In a psychological manner, not a sexual one

Depends on the context.
    Most probably not though.

Would you like to be banned?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Na, just wondering

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

i sorry ( a rare mistake for me) i assumed that although boards encourage expression of opinion.

I'll solider on without the joy of reading the regular foul, obscene, thick arsed unintelligent kak that regular offends our education system i guess.

I cannot withdraw my convictions.
    They (mostly) are idiots, degenerates and the rest.

I go to bed safe in the knowledge that I am truly the king of kings and easily their physical and intellectual superior.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm sorry ( a rare mistake for me) I assumed that although boards encourage expression of opinion.

I'll solider on without the joy of reading the regular foul, obscene, thick arsed unintelligent kak that regularly offends our education system I guess.

I cannot withdraw my convictions.
    They (mostly) are idiots, degenerates and the rest.

I will go to bed safe in the knowledge that I am truly the king of kings and easily their physical and intellectual superior.

That first sentence doesn't make much sense. For being out intellectual superior your grammar and spelling is atrocious.

That first sentence doesn't make much sense. For being out intellectual superior, your grammar and spelling is atrocious.
    Hehe.

KoK lover, I can see by your post that you are clearly drunk.
    Now it's not a crime to post drunk (I'd have been locked up long ago if it was), but it's not really a good idea to go on a rant when you are.

Come back in the morning and see how you feel then.

If you still feel you are intellectually superior to most of the AH regulars, then so be it. You are entitled to your opinion.
    I just have to point out the flaw in your argueement though.

If you are intellectually superior, how is it that most of the regulars have not been banned, but you managed to obtain a ban in what was your first thread there.

Onto what I believe to be your major problem with the AH users.

They're not really wrestling fans and have mocked the sport on several occasions.
    I believe this is what has riled you up.
    Or maybe you went through the Know Your Nerds pics and didn't find any of the people there aesthically pleasing.
    Either way, as a 27 year old, are you not ashamed of your outburst?
    We have 16 year olds regularly posting on AH and their contributions have far outweighed yours.

I really think you should stop weight training and allow some of that oxygen go back to your brain, where it is quite obviously needed.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote:
    Hehe

:D You bastard. There is a difference between a typo and the volume of mistakes he made though.

That first sentence doesn't make much sense. For being out intellectual superior your grammar and spelling is atrocious.

unlikely.
    it's an internet forum not my thesis. mis-spellings happen. it's not my job - I dont re-read my forum posts

my grammer is fine. although this is hardly a sound basis for my statement being false.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

reptilian_agenda_lrg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

my grammer is fine.
    :D

Terry wrote:
    KoK lover, I can see by your post that you are clearly drunk.
    Now it's not a crime to post drunk (I'd have been locked up long ago if it was), but it's not really a good idea to go on a rant when you are.

Come back in the morning and see how you feel then.

If you still feel you are intellectually superior to most of the AH regulars, then so be it. You are entitled to your opinion.
    I just have to point out the flaw in your argument though.

If you are intellectually superior, how is it that most of the regulars have not been banned, but you managed to obtain a ban in what was your first thread there.

Onto what I believe to be your major problem with the AH users.

They're not really wrestling fans and have mocked the sport on several occasions.
    I believe this is what has riled you up.
    Or maybe you went through the Know Your Nerds pics and didn't find any of the people there aesthically pleasing.
    Either way, as a 27 year old, are you not ashamed of your outburst?
    We have 16 year olds regularly posting on AH and their contributions have far outweighed yours.

I really think you should stop weight training and allow some of that oxygen go back to your brain, where it is quite obviously needed.

nice retort.

i'll admit drinking - 3 becks - but it was probably 2 factors contributed to the spelling mistakes........wireless keyboard (they're ****) and watching goodfellas on tv at the same time (tv was in other room)

but is not alcohol induced ranting the best - in vino vertis and all that (the irony I actually picked that pharse up on boards - but probably not AH) but after 3 cans I was hardly paisley-esque.

I'm not a wrestling fan - wrestling has gone downhill since the glory days of the mid - 90's.

know you nerd? - 'fraid you've lost me.

Although I never started a thread before on AH I have posted once or twice.
    usually I want to post on current affairs topics and a thread already exists. But that brings me to my point - i was banned on my first post (thread starting post) without warning for 1st infraction. "Harsh and abuse of position" to quote my 1st post in this thread)

as a 30 year old - i'm pretty ok about my outburst. It was long overdue and tbh I would hold a similar view on the populous as well - but AH seems to attract a collective of the worst kind. But I'll contend that if i wasn't watching tv and writing several other posts at the same time whilst chatting to my mate - my post may have had more flesh to it. I was hoping to ruffle some feathers and come back to flesh out the argument when i had a few interested (enraged?) punters.

anyway I fail to see the value is "where is your favourite **** spot" styled threads.
    If only we could horse-whip those folk...if only

as for my weight training - It's going very well. my oxygen intake seems fine. I run and cycle a good deal - i would take my level of cardio as a good indicator that all is well.but fyi lifting doesn't hinder your ****** intake.

anyway Im off to lift more weights and run like a maniac.
    if you let me back on AH - I'll post a very thought provoking thread and it'll be interesting. If not I'll afflict the politics peoples with it instead.

As for me being superior to the folks on AH (which I am) - i still feel the need to have a look once in a while as it would be foolish for me not to keep an eye on the rabble for fear they may develop or may plan to usurp me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

pharse
    Never a truer word spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Wow. We've actually found someone who isn't intelligent enough for After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Terry wrote:
    The majority of people on the planet are morons.
    Unfortunately I cannot (at this time) ban you from the planet.
    I can ban you from AH though.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and enjoy the other 900, completely moron-free, forums on this site.

point taken, AH posters are only more moronic than the average person on the planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I suddenly like King of Kings. I sense of straight-faced ability to self-mock which if I'm right will have gone straight over heads of most.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Just another troll, by his own admission notwithstanding.

Nothing to see here etc.

• Advertisement

but is not alcohol induced ranting the best - in vino vertis and all that (the irony I actually picked that pharse up on boards - but probably not AH) but after 3 cans I was hardly paisley-esque.
    Not really. It might seem clever at the time, but can actually bite you in the arse.
    I'm not a wrestling fan - wrestling has gone downhill since the glory days of the mid - 90's.
    I was going by your Levesque-esque user name.
    Here are some classic clips to fill your time, now that you have been lifted of the burden of reading moronic posts.
    know you nerd? - 'fraid you've lost me.
    Moving along...
    Although I never started a thread before on AH I have posted once or twice.
    usually I want to post on current affairs topics and a thread already exists. But that brings me to my point - i was banned on my first post (thread starting post) without warning for 1st infraction. "Harsh and abuse of position" to quote my 1st post in this thread)
    Insulting the users of a particular forum, on that forum, is never a good idea.
    Any moderator would have banned you for a thread like that.
    as a 30 year old - i'm pretty ok about my outburst. It was long overdue and tbh I would hold a similar view on the populous as well - but AH seems to attract a collective of the worst kind. But I'll contend that if i wasn't watching tv and writing several other posts at the same time whilst chatting to my mate - my post may have had more flesh to it. I was hoping to ruffle some feathers and come back to flesh out the argument when i had a few interested (enraged?) punters.
    See, this is known as trolling.
    The fact you have admitted to it speaks volumes.
    Not only were you arrogant enough to think you could come on to AH, insult all the people there and think you could get a rise out of them. You were also stupid enough to not realise what you were doing would get you banned instantly.

Going by your reply here, I get the feeling that you thought it would be funny to get a rise out of the regulars and then you could call your friend over and show him what you did, in a vain attempt at humour.
    Alas, it backfired and you ended up here.
    anyway I fail to see the value is "where is your favourite **** spot" styled threads.
    If only we could horse-whip those folk...if only
    Going by the amount of replies these threads recieve, I would imagine the majority of AH regulars enjoy these threads.
    This tells me two things.
    Either the majority of AH users are indeed moronic or, and this is what I like to believe, they are just normal, everyday type people, who are taking a break from the monotony of their jobs or courses or whatever, and are just using AH for a bit of a laugh or an outlet to vent their frustrations at whatever has bugged them on any given day.
    I'm far from infallible, so I could very well be wrong in what I believe, but such is life. I try not to pass judgement on people. I make an exception for you because you saw fit to insult a multitude of people you have never met.

as for my weight training - It's going very well. my oxygen intake seems fine. I run and cycle a good deal - i would take my level of cardio as a good indicator that all is well.but fyi lifting doesn't hinder your ****** intake.
    Yeah. That's great. I don't really care though.

anyway Im off to lift more weights and run like a maniac.
    if you let me back on AH - I'll post a very thought provoking thread and it'll be interesting. If not I'll afflict the politics peoples with it instead.
    A thought provoking threat, you say?
    Hmm. I'm intrigued as to what it is.
    Unfortunately for me, Karoma banned you, so he has the say in whether or not you get back in. Unless WhiteWashMan or an Admin step in. That's highly unlikely though.
    What you could do is ask Karoma nicely to let you back in.
    I'm not sure if it will work, because he is a bit of a nazi when it comes to things like this.
    It's worth a try though.
    As for me being superior to the folks on AH (which I am) - i still feel the need to have a look once in a while as it would be foolish for me not to keep an eye on the rabble for fear they may develop or may plan to usurp me.
    You're really not doing yourself any favours here.

You started a thread in which you insulted the majority of people on AH and you can't understand why you were banned.
    Fairly moronic if you ask me.

Now if you want some civilised discussion, you could always try humanities.
    I believe they have deep intellectual conversations there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Talliesin wrote:
    Of course since there is no such rule about AH in this forum I can say that yes, I do indeed agree with you that the majority of people in AH are morons. .

the people that post on AH also post on other fora.

its the people who have been here a while and treat AH as a dumping ground for their own senseless drivel that give it its bad name.

then there are just the morons who are on every forum and post crap. like our friend who started this thread.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Terry wrote:
    The majority of people on the planet are morons.
    Unfortunately I cannot (at this time) ban you from the planet.
    I can ban you from AH though.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and enjoy the other 900, completely moron-free, forums on this site.
    I have just banned you from the planet, so you are doomed to spend the rest of your days on boards. If you try to leave your pc it will be a strange world inahbited by big sand monsters like the ones on Beetlegeuse. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

copacetic wrote:
    Definitely. If the smarter you are the more stupid things you say, you are smarter than the rest of us put together.

Who are you again? Like should I know you? Are you this Anto guy people keep mentioning.

Terry wrote:
    Not really. It might seem clever at the time, but can actually bite you in the arse.

ouch.
    Terry wrote:
    I was going by your Levesque-esque user name.
    thanks for link. My name comes from Monty Burns.
    Terry wrote:
    See, this is known as trolling.
    The fact you have admitted to it speaks volumes.

what does it say? I'm truthful?

Anyway it's not the issue. 1 post and an automatic ban. assuming it's forever as no time limit was given was the original "feedback" issue. Well I did have the further issue of being banned for speaking my mind.
    Terry wrote:
    Not only were you arrogant enough to think you could come on to AH, insult all the people there and think you could get a rise out of them. You were also stupid enough to not realise what you were doing would get you banned instantly.
    arrogant - yes
    stupid - no
    Terry wrote:
    Going by your reply here, I get the feeling that you thought it would be funny to get a rise out of the regulars and then you could call your friend over and show him what you did, in a vain attempt at humour.

negative . my friend was far away. I was chatting over gmail.
    at no time did I attempt to elicit humour from this.
    anyway as I said I was busy...and had one eye on the tv - which was in the other room. you can only take multi tasking so far..
    Terry wrote:
    Alas, it backfired and you ended up here.
    backfired? maybe....ending up here wasn't so bad. I'd never explored the feedback...surprised so many people actually read it.
    It's been a positive experience for me.
    Terry wrote:
    I try not to pass judgement on people.
    try and fail i assume. It's pretty hard not to judge everybody in some way.
    any opinion is a judgement and I doubt you have no opinion on people - i doubt i'm the exception.
    Terry wrote:
    I make an exception for you because you saw fit to insult a multitude of people you have never met.
    true. but surely I can judge people by their posted opinions. although I'll contend that perhaps they could be liars and that I don't know the "real" them. But some of the maddie mccann posts (case in point) makes me glad I don't.
    Terry wrote:
    Yeah. That's great. I don't really care though.
    why bring it up then?
    Terry wrote:
    A thought provoking threat, you say?
    Hmm. I'm intrigued as to what it is.
    ah well. someday....
    Terry wrote:
    Unfortunately for me, Karoma banned you, so he has the say in whether or not you get back in. Unless WhiteWashMan or an Admin step in. That's highly unlikely though.

'tis unlikely alright considering whitewashman's harsh view in this thread already. although I was wondering recently if Whitewash existed cos I'd never seen a post by him in the past - i am aware I could have searched for one but I'd never read one in a thread I was reading.

Terry wrote:
    You're really not doing yourself any favours here.
    You started a thread in which you insulted the majority of people on AH and you can't understand why you were banned.

would you rather I lied?
    Terry wrote:
    Fairly moronic if you ask me.

moronic - no but I'll admit probably doesn't help the reinstatement cause. But I find it difficult to lie and/or apologise if I don't mean it.
    I'm honoured bound as the King of Kings to lead by example on my moral high horse. Greatness has it's burdens too.
    Terry wrote:
    Now if you want some civilised discussion, you could always try humanities.
    I believe they have deep intellectual conversations there.
    coolio. I was gonna climb on my soapbox in politics but i'll have a gawk at humanities as well.

Terry - I think you're great. You have taken the time to answer my queries (albetit not the way I'd hoped) and deal with me in a kind sincere manner. Thank you.

I'm in work at the moment - I have 1001 other things to say but
    time=money <> time to amuse myself <> jousting on boards.

so until we battle again

"Tally ho! moral highhorse...."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

mo·ron /Pronunciation[mawr-on, mohr-] –noun
    1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
    2. Psychology. a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

Enough of this tomfoolery! No one on AH or boards has an IQ that low!

Now who was the moron who gave out about those who chose to express themselves with cat pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Damn it , I could have sworn there would be more cats by now ...

I will come back later

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Zambia232 wrote:
    Damn it , I could have sworn there would be more cats by now ...

I will come back later

i know, its crazy. This thread has turned into a bit of a cat-astrophy!

[/runs very fast and hides]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

faceman wrote:
    i know, its crazy. This thread has turned into a bit of a cat-astrophy!

[/runs very fast and hides]

Your not kitten ?

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I was gonna climb on my soapbox in politics...
    I don't recommend it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement